DuPont Schedule Annual Salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    That’s what I was wondering. I know it’s an older post but saw what the op said he was making and was curious.
    Some operators start at the first place that will hire them for the experience to hire in with someone better down the road.

Comment

$29/hr is what operators are getting paid?
      No i make a like 45.63/hr as an operator.

Im fully qualified with advanced tech status. Board operator most times now.

Comment

About 83,000 a yr because you will be working all the holidays since you won't have any seniority and some ot when you get qualified You won't be home with your son every night by the way but will have some days off during the week which is a good thing. Congrats on your new job.

Comment

$29/hr is what operators are getting paid?
          Only the good ones…I never did haha

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            Only the good ones…I never did haha

Lol. Don’t lie on TBH Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              If someone starts out less than $33-$35 an hour with zero experience look for a different company.
              Our guys just started off at 27 and I would be willing to bet our top end is pretty competitive with the market and we have a great 401k match and a cash balance fund the company puts in.

Comment

$48-$50 hr.
                Add $1.50 hr for nights.
                BB is that OT after 8 hrs or after 40?

Comment

$48-$50 hr.
                  Add $1.50 hr for nights.
                  About what Chevron pays the boardman, HO (chief) is $58ish, next place up for HO is a salaried job.

Their pension and 401k is different from salaried. Ours was put 1 they match 4, 2-8. I was putting 12 for a solid 20% plus my pension

Petrobras wasnt as good but the liberal cali garbage wasnt rammed down your throat lol
                  Last edited by jaime1982; 09-23-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                    About what Chevron pays the boardman, HO (chief) is $58ish, next place up for HO is a salaried job.

Their pension and 401k is different from salaried. Ours was put 1 they match 4, 2-8. I was putting 12 for a solid 20% plus my pension

Petrobras wasnt as good but the liberal cali garbage wasnt rammed down your throat lol
                    That’s great pay and benefits. Too bad I’m not closer to one of their facilities lol

Comment

Our guys start around $38 with little to no experience. $45/hr once qualified and board man is over $50/hr now. Shift differential you can add 1.50/hr on nights

Our maint mechanics make $48ish now

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        That’s great pay and benefits. Too bad I’m not closer to one of their facilities lol
                        Sometimes pay isn't everything.

They expect all salaried and supervisors to bring your kids to drag queen story time and diversity and inclusion crapp. If not, your name goes on an un official list...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by jaime1982; 09-23-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Pay is good at most places despite shift work. Dupont schedule is my favorite schedule. Off a week every 21 days or so....You can expect to make 6 figures at pretty much any of the places. Some with little to no OT to get to 6 figures, some with 100 to 200 hours of OT to hit 6 figures.

Generally good benefits and retirement-

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                            Our guys just started off at 27 and I would be willing to bet our top end is pretty competitive with the market and we have a great 401k match and a cash balance fund the company puts in.
                            Yeah companies like Valero and Exxon usually start out in the mid $20s which with cost of living raises is probably around that $27 to $28 mark starting out now. Top out is higher and every shift is 4 hours of OT. 8 hours at your base rate of $40+ an hour, plus 4 hours of $60+ hr every day.

Comment

When I worked the DuPont schedule we never had the 7 days off. 700 to 800 hours OT was the norm & some worked over 1000 hours of OT per year. The money was great, but the family life was difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                                When I worked the DuPont schedule we never had the 7 days off. 700 to 800 hours OT was the norm & some worked over 1000 hours of OT per year. The money was great, but the family life was difficult.
                                That would be terrible. I would quit. Thankfully I have worked at Total and Valero and both places had as little or as much OT as you wanted. I am middle of the pack or slightly upper in pecking order for my complex this year and I am at 210 OT hours. So far with Valero I usually work around 200 to 250ish OT hours.

At Total I averaged 200 hours of OT every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X