Trophy Hunting is Expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
    this is the official bottom line. i pay for a lease in maverick county...not cheap, but not out of control like some places. i go there mainly to relax and invite friends to have a good time.. taken some real nice deer there over the years, but i enjoy just having a drink and good meal with friends now-- its all about the experience.
    Bingo! This is what it's about!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
      The point I'm trying to make is do what YOU enjoy
      So if you truly believe this why feel sorry for a guy that trophy hunts? He is only doing what he enjoys.

Comment

Nope but they do eat way better than a big ol testosterone filled buck. I exclusively hunt public land. I got away from leases a while back. Got tired of dumping money on the same old boring hunt guarding a corn barrel. Some folks do it year in and year out and that's great if they're enjoying it. I just never could justify the money spent just to be able to pound my chest about shooting a buck that slept within a hundred yards of said feeder and came in like clockwork. I'm happy fighting the crowds and having to outsmart the Deer and the other hunters I share the forest with. The point I'm trying to make is do what YOU enjoy, that's why I changed it up. If I ever do get a 160" buck in range I'll know I paid via sweat and many miles put on my boots along with a blister or two. Y'all keep growing them and I'll keep hunting them.
        yeah cuz we're growing 18 160's right now. 1 for every feed pen on the lease!

easy squeezy!

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
          So if you truly believe this why feel sorry for a guy that trophy hunts? He is only doing what he enjoys.
          Good point, then why complain about the cost? Guess that part doesn't make them happy. Deer season needs to get here sooner than later!

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            yeah cuz we're growing 18 160's right now. 1 for every feed pen on the lease!

easy squeezy!
            Daang bet that's expensive! Good on yall though, what are their names?!

Comment

Good point, then why complain about the cost? Guess that part doesn't make them happy. Deer season needs to get here sooner than later!
              So you don't believe what you are saying. Nice. Carry on.

Comment

Nope but they do eat way better than a big ol testosterone filled buck. I exclusively hunt public land. I got away from leases a while back. Got tired of dumping money on the same old boring hunt guarding a corn barrel. Some folks do it year in and year out and that's great if they're enjoying it. I just never could justify the money spent just to be able to pound my chest about shooting a buck that slept within a hundred yards of said feeder and came in like clockwork. I'm happy fighting the crowds and having to outsmart the Deer and the other hunters I share the forest with. The point I'm trying to make is do what YOU enjoy, that's why I changed it up. If I ever do get a 160" buck in range I'll know I paid via sweat and many miles put on my boots along with a blister or two. Y'all keep growing them and I'll keep hunting them.
                To be a successful hunter you have to have a trade off. You can spend your time scouting and searching the woods in search of a deer, possibly a big buck, or you can spend your time working and pay someone to scout for you and prep for you. Or you can spend your time working and pay for technological advances to make your hunt easier and less time consuming. Like corn feeders and trail cameras. Either way you trade you time for a higher percentage of being successful in the field. Whether you spend your own time doing it or you spend your money. It all boils down to how much of your time and money it's worth to you. Just because you don't think or agree with how someone else spends their time or money doesn't mean you should feel sorry for them or talk mess about them. It's their time and money, not yours.

Comment

We issue digital ID similar to social security numbers. It’s crazy easy to catch them at a feeder so we just put a radio IDs on them and when they’re within 100 yards of a blind an alarm goes off to notify the hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    So you don't believe what you are saying. Nice. Carry on.
                    Great I have this guy's approval to carry on! Thanks buddy! I guess the constant is we all like to complain about what makes us happy.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      We issue digital ID similar to social security numbers. It’s crazy easy to catch them at a feeder so we just put a radio IDs on them and when they’re within 100 yards of a blind an alarm goes off to notify the hunter.

Lol! I like you!

Comment

Most counties within 3 hours of DFW won't grow anything over 140 consistently without being high fenced.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          Most counties within 3 hours of DFW won't grow anything over 140 consistently without being high fenced.
                          And if they do grow one over 140 every hunter within 3 hours of DFW is trying to kill it!!! Lol

Comment

Great I have this guy's approval to carry on! Thanks buddy! I guess the constant is we all like to complain about what makes us happy.
                            Classic

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                              To be a successful hunter you have to have a trade off. You can spend your time scouting and searching the woods in search of a deer, possibly a big buck, or you can spend your time working and pay someone to scout for you and prep for you. Or you can spend your time working and pay for technological advances to make your hunt easier and less time consuming. Like corn feeders and trail cameras. Either way you trade you time for a higher percentage of being successful in the field. Whether you spend your own time doing it or you spend your money. It all boils down to how much of your time and money it's worth to you. Just because you don't think or agree with how someone else spends their time or money doesn't mean you should feel sorry for them or talk mess about them. It's their time and money, not yours.
                              Dang it there I go having an opinion, sorry folks! Best to just lurk around here. A thousand apologies for my insolence...

Comment

You have more than an opinion........ Don't be playing the victim card now! You don't walk in a bar and tell everyone their beer sucks. They should all drink your beer or they are dumb and be sarcastic!

Comment

Working...
                                X