Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
    That's because today is Tuesday.
    Isn't Tuesday Brazilian wax day at the station?
    [emoji15][emoji15][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      [emoji1787] cause youre the poleace and you get it

Honestly I'm kinda saddened by the lack of responders to that. Not one bite from.a hose dragger

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Really!?!? Not one bite, huh? They must be full from all that gourmet cookin' they do!

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
        Well by what these kind People have said genral season (what I called rifle season) you may use archery in genral season so by that logic you may use your muzzle loader in genral season as well as in muzzle loader season after general season from Jan 7-20 I was under the impression that you had archery season then genral season then extened youth and muzzle loader season after genral season has ended but I am no longer sure this may just confuse you more I was just going off of what I interpreted from TWPD website and outdoor annual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        Sounds like you’ve missed a helluva lot of bow hunting opportunity. Either that or we’re being taken for a ride here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Call or text before coming out to piece of property I pay to have access to? That’s laughable.

I don’t make appointments to hunt property I lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Well said, you don't pay for something then ask to use it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
            This is bull**** right here.

I have kids and they play all over our ranch. We also go out to feed the cows and fish, work our dogs and do whatever. If someone was coming to hunt, I would make **** sure they play only around the house and barns. I personally would try to stay out of the pastures unless I absolutely have to (pulling a calf, chopping ice out of troughs). If that’s too much to ask to ensure the safety of my wife and kids, then I think leasing my place may not be worth it.

If you don't know who you leased the hunting rights to maybe you should not be leasing your property!!!!! I don't ask to use something I have payed good money for.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
              If you don't know who you leased the hunting rights to maybe you should not be leasing your property!!!!! I don't ask to use something I have payed good money for.
              Sounds like I **** sure won’t be leasing my place out. I never said you had to a make an appointment, dip****. I said to let us know if or when you are coming, so my wife and kids aren’t scared when someone is shooting **** on the place. I work away from home a lot. If you ain’t man enough to make sure a woman and kids have some peace of mind by simply texting, then it sounds like you ain’t man enough to hunt. I currently let someone I know hunt for free. All he has to do is let us know he is coming by and lock the gate when he leaves. Never had a problem with him and he doesn’t seem like it is a big deal. It’s not like half the people on here aren’t on their phone all day anyway. I had no idea that a lot of hunters think that is too much trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                Really!?!? Not one bite, huh? They must be full from all that gourmet cookin' they do!
                Probably taking their safety nap

Comment

No beans in the chili.

That is all.

Comment

I let lease manager know each time I’m headed to lease. Do it as a courtesy but don’t think it should be mandatory. It’s no big deal to me. Our group as a whole pays $3,000 a month for our lease and I think that should afford us the opportunity to come and go as we like without checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Call or text before coming out to piece of property I pay to have access to? That’s laughable.

I don’t make appointments to hunt property I lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Our lease is a 2 hour drive away from our home. We just finished our third year there, and this is our very first lease. Our landowner lives on the ranch, and he's a nice guy that we get along well with.

While not written into the lease agreement, I always text him a few days prior to our coming out to the lease as a courtesy, and also as a matter of safety. The landowner has always told me while not expected, he certainly appreciates my texts. In return, he has informed me when they're burning brush, working on fences, if the roads are muddy/washed out, etc. We're still welcome to come out with the understanding that there may be a lot of noise, and that the game might get spooked, or that we might not be able to make it to the ranch (it's at the end of an unpaved road).

He also tells us what types of game he is seeing on the ranch, and where they are located. If our feeders are empty or low, he'll go and hand corn for us, or offer us the use of one of his stands (he feeds year round). We had previous lease mates who were very unhappy with our texting the landowner to "beg for permission to come hunt". Well, difference of opinion here as we're not "begging for permission", just being polite and considerate/respectful, and for safety reasons. By the way, the previous lease mates decided not to renew their lease, and no one is missing them.

I can tell that no one else uses our blinds as we lock them and we have the only keys. The only other people that hunt there is his own family members who are adults, and don't live on the ranch, and they hunt from his stands. My son and I are very lucky we found this lease and we work to maintain our relationship with the landowner.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                        Sounds like I **** sure won’t be leasing my place out. I never said you had to a make an appointment, dip****. I said to let us know if or when you are coming, so my wife and kids aren’t scared when someone is shooting **** on the place. I work away from home a lot. If you ain’t man enough to make sure a woman and kids have some peace of mind by simply texting, then it sounds like you ain’t man enough to hunt. I currently let someone I know hunt for free. All he has to do is let us know he is coming by and lock the gate when he leaves. Never had a problem with him and he doesn’t seem like it is a big deal. It’s not like half the people on here aren’t on their phone all day anyway. I had no idea that a lot of hunters think that is too much trouble.
                        it is strange to me that some of these guys think a text telling a landowner they are headed to their property is the same as asking for permission or making an appointment. I think you nailed it with dip****

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          No beans in the chili.

That is all.
                          Isn't that state law?

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                            Weird one. Maybe it’s because we have to much time off during the week to hunt.
                            Or a jealous cop! Lol.
                            naw,,, probably an ex brother in law!

Comment

So do I need to report myself for using a bow during general season?

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
                                Well by what these kind People have said genral season (what I called rifle season) you may use archery in genral season so by that logic you may use your muzzle loader in genral season as well as in muzzle loader season after general season from Jan 7-20 I was under the impression that you had archery season then genral season then extened youth and muzzle loader season after genral season has ended but I am no longer sure this may just confuse you more I was just going off of what I interpreted from TWPD website and outdoor annual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                Bow Season: Archery only
                                General Season: Any Legal Means
                                Muzzle Loader Seasons are not statewide but county specific. Ex: Caldwell county has a muzzle loader season, Edwards county does not.

MLD is another topic, and they did away with Level 1-3; you now have the Harvest Option or Conservation Option. If you're interested in reading about MLDP:
                                https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/perm...nagement/mldp/

Comment

Working...
                                X