Young County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young County

What caliber of deer does this area produce?? North East young County. Anyone in this area?

It really depends on where you are specifically, and pressure on the deer. What is the closest town to you?

Comment

Too many pigs

Comment

Near Markley.

Comment

I'm on a place just west of Graham with about 2 miles of Brazos river frontage. Tons of pigs for sure, but has a lot of nice deer. Had a 171" killed 4 years ago and a couple of 150" killed last year. We pass on several deer in the 140's every year.

Comment

We hunt on 1769 not far from Markley. This is only my second season on the place but man I’m impressed!! Tons of nice deer in the area.

Comment

These came from Young County.

God Bless
              Bish
              Attached Files

Comment

Northeast Young County produces some outstanding deer. But the pig problem is growing and has gotten much worse the last 2 or 3 years. We've all put up panels around our feeders.

Comment

Lots of deer around Markley, and a few big ones are killed there every year.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. Helps to gauge what we’re seeing on cameras.

Comment

Another question…what do y’all have as far as quail if any?

Comment

Western Young county may have some, but I haven't seen one in years on the eastern side.

Comment

I’m dead in the middle of young county. Haven’t seen it heard a quail on me in two or three years. Even then it was just a very few. Haven’t had quail in numbers in 20 years. I did see a pair just south of Olney about 3 months ago.

Comment

Not many quail around my place on the young/throckmorton county line.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Verde View Post
                              Another question…what do y’all have as far as quail if any?

I’ve got 8-9 in a group that visits my feeder regularly. They’re on my do not shoot list.
                              As others have said, there’s lots of pigs. Build feeder pens ( mine are about 30x30) using hog panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X