Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent for David and Mindy, KCA!

Comment

Continued prayers Mr David for you and your Family.

Comment

Prayers sent sir.

Comment

More prayers sent from Kathy and I.

Comment

Prayers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First I've seen of this..

Many prayers sent and will continue for a complete remission!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Hello, TBH!

Knowing how many of you are praying and how many of you care for my sweet husband, Snakelover, David Harkins, I thought I would give a quick update.

Since September when we learned of a lesion/mass/tumor on his pons/brainstem, David has undergone 30 radiation treatments at UTSW in Dallas. With those treatments, he took a low dose chemo pill. Currently, he is on a new regime of a higher dose of chemo. On 5 days, off 23 days.

This past Friday was his fifth day of the higher dose chemo. Other than digestive issues the last couple days, he did not have any horrific side effects. Whew!

If any of you follow me on facebook or ig, you are more than welcome to grab my words and update on here. I will try to check in periodically with updates, as I am able.

The tumor is suspected to be cancer; a glioblastoma. Because of its location a biopsy or surgical removal is not possible. The doctors told David that they would provide him palliative care.

Y'all. We are God people. We don't put limitations on God. We pray boldly. We do not know if God will heal David, but we know that He can. His grace is sufficient.

David's speech has been affected by this tumor (not his ability to hear/read and understand). His entire right side is affected by neuropathy/numbness. He has become fairly dexterous with his left hand, but the neuropathy has begun to spread to his left hand. His walking has become more challenging but he is getting more comfortable using a walker in and around our home.

Y'all. David is 60 years old. We have been married going on 8 years. Met in 2007. We are here to tell you this limited, predicted time does not feel like enough. We waited our whole entire lives to find each other and 2007 was the year God had us ready for each other. Those of you who know me know that I needed a good 40+ years to get ready for the love of my life. haha Man. God blessed me so much when He lined me up with David Harkins and the good folks of TBH.

We have loved. We have laughed. David brought me to Bownanza as soon as he thought I might stick around. I have loved and laughed with many of you and your kids and now, your grands. We have been blessed together by so many of you and your families.

We selfishly want more. More time with each other. More time to love Jesus here. More time to love you as Snakelover and Rockin M.

Please keep is in your prayers and in your hearts. God is good, y'all. Every single day. Whether David is healed here, or perfectly healed in Heaven. God is good. We just pray that His plans are for us to do more for Him on earth as us.

Thank you for loving us and lifting us. Your love and sweet words of encouragement do not go unnoticed. If you aren't God people, we pray that you become God people. Reach out if you have questions about God. Us. David. me. We will find the time and pray for the ability and wisdom to answer you.

No matter what. We know that you are a gift in our lives. And we love that connection.

Amen. So be it. Amen.

You and your words are a blessing. Thank you. ~Mindy

Comment

Prayers up for y’all!

Comment

My prayers are with him, there was a post on here about some canine dewormer that has worked for a few folks with cancer, it may be worth a try !

Comment

Mindy,

Thank you for the update. Daily prayers sent for both David and you.
                        You two have always brought so many smiles to TBHers through your photography at Bownanza. It may be a stretch, but if there is any way either I or any other TBHers can help you two to get to Bownanza this year - COUNT ON US. The photos you two take are priceless

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

God bless you and Snakelovers testimony. Prayers up for y’all and his caregivers.

Comment

Prayers sent. God bless

Comment

Continued prayers for David and Mindy!

Prayers for a complete healing!

Comment

Working...
                                X