ATV tire questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV tire questions

What are the best tires for side by sides? Radial (R) or bias ply (D) and why?

Does one hold up better to thorns? I need a tough tire as it's super rocky here also. Not looking for the smoothest ride just something puncture proof

Kanati mongrel. 10 ply radial ( you want radial ). I hunt Terrell county… (it’s all Rock) I pick a direction and go. 3 years no flats. No slime. The improved ride is a bonus. (Kawasaki Mule Pro)

I wrote a post about it showing the terrain.

Also they are available everywhere.
    Last edited by spread5150; 04-14-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

There are several brands of sealant..I won't go into brands.its kinda like the ford chevy dodge thing...I had pretty good luck with most

Comment

Why do I want radial?

Comment

Comment

I'll have to look at what at have now and follow up. They are 10 ply steel belted radials...basically truck tires. They put the stock maxxis bighorns to shame

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Needing advice as well. As my SXS is nearing the end of tire life.

Comment

The toughest tires I've ever had were from Thailand but can't get them due to shortages. They made a rough ride but nothing poked through them. Only issue I think was they were so dense I cracked one after hitting rock number 2 billion lol
                But it was nice driving over mesquite thorns, cactus, and everything with no worry.

Comment

I put on a set of Kenda K587 Bear Claws on my Ranger. I had read on several atv forums that they are hard and last a long time with no problems. I have only had them since April last year but they are doing great so far.

Comment

Essex Kevlar tires they are military grade run flats never had one go flat tho .....also the best slime is gimplers ultra seal like i said never had a flat

Comment

I am running the Tusk Terrabite Aramid tires. 10 ply and kevlar lined. I also put Multi-seal Flat Out sealant in mine. Have held up great to thick mesquite and cactus and I am not bashful about what I run over.

Comment

Working...
                      X