Skeleton stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeleton stock

I came across one of these ruger M77 mark2 in 243 today. They are asking about 1000 bucks. I have one already in 270. I like it and have had it many years. I don’t remember how much I paid for the one I have back in 95 or so but I know it wasn’t that. So I guess I’m asking is that a good deal or should I keep looking. The optic on it ain’t all that.

The photo is for reference.

When I do see them in pawn shops, they are always between $900-$1100

Comment

Ok good cause I can’t get my picture to load. I don’t mind paying the 1k for it especially since I like the common caliber. But I was not sure if that was normal.

Comment

They are super collectable these days. Fantastic rifles, but I personally wouldn't spend a grand on one. If I remember correctly they were around $500 new.

Comment

I’m building a varmint rifle. I never spent so much on a rifle, maybe I can get more gun for 1000.

Comment

I think I paid $400 for my 270 around 1994. Had on in 25-06 too. Sold them and wished I hadn’t. Very accurate rifles.

Comment

1000 on a used factory rifle is hard to swallow but it's where we're at today.

Price a regular ruger in 243 and then figure an extra 1-200 for the zytel

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Fixed it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My .25-06 was bought new around '73 and I paid $137.95 plus tax---

Comment

Sounds high to me. Was there any particular reason they stopped making them? They would sell like hotcakes if they were still in production

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                      Sounds high to me. Was there any particular reason they stopped making them? They would sell like hotcakes if they were still in production
                      My understanding is folks thought they were ugly and they didnt sell well. Funny looking stock and stainless when blued and walnut was still king.

I like them and have several.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                        I don't know about that. Then again, I could be very wrong. I think there is somewhat of a limited fan base for them now; some of it being due to the relative scarcity as they didn't sell well when in production. That being stated, those who do like them are willing to pay up for what they are.

Comment

Yea I decided against it and I love mine. It’s to much. If a deal came across I would prob get it. But for 1000 bucks I think I would rather put that towards a better scope for the one I have or start a custom build.

Comment

I saw one sell at an estate auction around 2000 for $650. I wanted it pretty bad but I wasn't going to pay that for it.

Comment

I have seen 600 to 3425 yes you read the right. Depends on caliber model. Yes you read that right 3,425.00

Comment

Working...
                              X