Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Lmfao at spork!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
    Well, being a true certified east texas hunter I've shanked and shot a pile of pigs. I've even cut a few up to eat and euroed the heads of several. That pig was not that large and the only explanation to me when the cutting started was a spork or a dull knife.

Neither of which do me any good and a hunter should been tarred and feathered for actually carrying either much less showing all of that to the free world. We got enough issues with anti people for all that

But, that's just my opinion and we know all about those.
    Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    Sounds like I missed a good one. Is it still alive? The thread…not the pin cushion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was hidden in a yearly camping thread. Keep looking and Bee careful of the language....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, Thanks for posting that found skull. They are some tough critters.
      Shame it suffered, But things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        ohh you got me running bear. keep em coming
        Think before we shoot. Think before we post.

Good rule for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I have personal experience to the contrary.

We're essentially talking about the "best way to make a mistake" here, ie margin for error.

You could make the argument that a 4" miss when taking a shoulder shot, has a better chance of killing the pig, lungs/heart/spine/etc.

And I could argue that it also has a greater chance of wounding the pig, guts/leg bone/"void"/etc...... as opposed to a 4" miss on a head shot which has just as good a chance at killing it, spine/jugular/ and more of a chance for a clean miss.

Of course, it's all semantics arguing how "big" a miss we're talking about, and on how big a pig, in what direction, and about 47 other different factors. My point all along was that it's not black and white which is more ethical because you can't know all of those factors when you "miss", or you wouldn't miss.

The point that it could somehow "**** off" a bowhunter that another bowhunter would take that shot, is still ridiculous at best, and hypocritical at it's core....because if the aim was to kill the animal as quickly and effectively as possible, then we'd all be shooting all these animals with some form of high powered rifle to start with, and most likely in the head.
          That's not at all what I'm saying.
          I'm saying I've hit a couple of pigs in the shoulder solid and they survived. Killed them later in their lives. One just a few days later.
          I've seen several face shot deer and pigs starving because they couldn't eat or drink and it was a mercy killing putting them down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Last edited by DRT; 02-23-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Found your pig

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Well, being a true certified east texas hunter I've shanked and shot a pile of pigs. I've even cut a few up to eat and euroed the heads of several. That pig was not that large and the only explanation to me when the cutting started was a spork or a dull knife.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              That's not at all what I'm saying.
              I'm saying I've hit a couple of pigs in the shoulder solid and they survived. Killed them later I their lives. One just a few days later.
              I've seen several face shot deer and pigs starving because they couldn't eat or drink and it was a mercy killing putting them down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I understand, and I’m having a hard time wording my point well. And I’m not saying you’re wrong.

I’ve seen a lot a lot of pigs with wounds of many kinds AROUND the shoulder areas. Scars up high, scars on the leg bone, gut shot and starving, one low in the brisket was really gross, etc…we all have. In comparison, I’ve seen very few of the survivors of head wounds…but a few.

How many attempted head shots resulted in total misses, is the un-known that I’m trying to speak to. We’ll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

WELL PLAYED, sir!!

Comment

[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Comment

I did have a friend shoot one in the head once with a slick trick razor trick expandable. He didn’t take a single step. In and out. Almost right under his tree. Never found the arrow. Looked forever too.

Comment

I don’t shoot heads with bows but do with rifles. Or neck. Maybe some folks don’t like it but it is what it is. I like backing the truck up to them

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        It was hidden in a yearly camping thread. Keep looking and Bee careful of the language....

Dang, the the video has been removed [emoji28]

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
                          Think before we shoot. Think before we post.

Good rule for all of us.

Uhh pretty sure that’s what I said but whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            I don’t shoot heads with bows but do with rifles. Or neck. Maybe some folks don’t like it but it is what it is. I like backing the truck up to them
                            Buddy hot one in the head with a 223 one day at about 15 yards. Big giant mexico boar. Ran off. Never found it. Made it at least 200 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              You fixin to get crucified Rat for daring to feel bad for a pig! Remember the Gut Shot Hog thread? Thankfully about 3/4 of the responses were in agreement with making ethical kill shots when possible.

Yeah I know
                              Hard to have an honest discussion when it’s a pig
                              We all have our opinion on the matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                                Dang, the the video has been removed [emoji28]

Pulled from YouTube it seems. It was pretty disturbing really

Comment

Working...
                                X