No announcement yet.

New to bows - Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always the traditional side of archery. ILF bows up to seventy inches long that will handle 33" or more draw length. It is a lot more fun, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
      I live in Waco, and I go to Lampasas (Hoffy's). They have done me right.
      That may be where I start going. I’m south of Waco about 20 miles or so, so Live Oak archery in Bryan might be an option as well.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. I've found the Traverse and Atlas by Mathews to be my top two contenders. I haven't been to Cinnamon Creek, but have heard great things. I'm 20 min from Alvarado Archery and absolutely loved my experience there. They took the time to measure my draw length and would set up any bow I wanted to try out with the draw length and weight. Even if I end up finding a good used Traverse, I will be taking it there to tune and will definitely be a repeat customer of theirs.

Comment

Find a Bow you like and fits you/a dealer you like and TRUST thats got time to assist you always..and PRACTICE Practice practice

Comment

Originally posted by BlackdirtCowboy View Post
            That may be where I start going. I’m south of Waco about 20 miles or so, so Live Oak archery in Bryan might be an option as well.
            I have also done business with them when my son was going to a&m. They built a string for my bow that was the best I ever had.

Comment

Working...
            X