Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do around Anchorage, AK mid July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do around Anchorage, AK mid July?

Just found out I have to go to Anchorage, AK, for work, the second half of July for about a week. Thinking about extending the trip for some personal time. Any recommendations on things to do? Fishing maybe? I'm starting from scratch since i've never been and looking for personal experiences/recommendation.

Take the train up to Denali, it is a GREAT trip with beautiful scenery. If you do the Denali trip take a helicopter ride out to the glaciers, very cool. Rent a car and drive down south and catch a halibut boat. Whatever you do, if the weather is good you will enjoy!!!

Comment

Salmon fishing is great that time of year.

We went with Tower Rock lodge. They are out of Soldotna. I think its about a 2 hour drive from Anchorage. I'm sure there are others closer.

Comment

Anything you can imagine. The sky is the limit.

Anchorage is somewhat central so you can easily go North, South, or East.

Comment

Drive to Seward and jump on a halibut/ling cod boat. Beautiful drive and incredible fishing.

Comment

Definitely go fishing!!! Perfect timing for that.

Comment

The Great Alaskan Bush Company

Comment

I use to go there every other week in the summer for work. Go out to Portage Glacier and hike the ice, Alyeska Resort have a beer at the bar, Fish in ship creek (downtown), and there is a bunch of trails around town with great views. Tons of things to do within 25 miles.

Comment

Really nothing to do in Anchorage except drink so I would go with the other suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    The Great Alaskan Bush Company
                    Yep that too

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                      Really nothing to do in Anchorage except drink so I would go with the other suggestions.
                      Or drink and play golf at 2am. LOL

Comment

Fish

Comment

So if you just want to go low key, buy yourself a pawn shop rod, license, and bait. From there, you find any one of the thousands of creeks and fish. Please note, if there are fish there are bears.

I'm a big fan of the halibut fishing, just be prepared to bring home an ice chest full of meat. Most supermarkets sell the thick foam chest and frozen fish will not defrost on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                            Yep that too
                            If you know you know 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              If you know you know 😂😂
                              I know now.

Comment

Working...
                              X