Anyone leave while their oven is on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone leave while their oven is on?

When I was a kid my mom would put a roast in the oven before church with a loaf of bread dough on top to proof. When we’d get home from church the roast was ready and the bread went in the oven.

Google will tell you you’re and idiot if you leave your oven on. Thoughts?

I would never. It only takes once.

Comment

MM- My mom used to do the same thing. Also would put baked potatoes in. Had the oven on low for slow cook. If needed, she would up the temp. when we got home.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
        I would never. It only takes once and all your premiums have paid for your insurance.
        Fify

Comment

An electric yes.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
            When I was a kid my mom would put a roast in the oven before church with a loaf of bread dough on top to proof. When we’d get home from church the roast was ready and the bread went in the oven.

Google will tell you you’re and idiot if you leave your oven on. Thoughts?
            I think that the amount of electronics on them nowadays would be the fire hazard!

Comment

Nearly every Sunday while I was growing up. Now, I use the crock pot. It makes better roasts.

Comment

Why do ovens have timers then?

Comment

Every Sunday with my mom as well while we were growing up. Best roast ever.

Comment

Heck I don’t like leaving with a crock pot on.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                      Every Sunday with my mom as well while we were growing up. Best roast ever.

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did yesterday

Comment

Our house burnt down when I was in the 3rd grade & still have sights / smells stamped into my noggin...I still cringe even when the unloaded groceries are left on the stove top waiting to be put up.

Any & everything fire hazard freaks me out...ya don't know unless ya know.

Comment

Never, I've seen too many homes destroyed or heavily damaged due to cooking on the stove top and in the stove while homeowners are gone. Like Strummer, I don't like leaving the house with a crock pot on. Artos, I don't leave anything on the stove even when it's off, even while unloading groceries, still freaks me out as well.
                            Last edited by Redfeathers; 05-23-2022, 08:43 PM.

Comment

My sister and BIL lost their home and most of their belongings by leaving a dishwasher on when they left for work one morning. Very sad deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X