What should I use ?
      Baby oil

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
        Baby oil

Ah ok . What about the ringworm?

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
          So how much can you NET raising these things, on average?
          My daughter made a tad over $7000 last year off of 2 shows but don’t do it for the money. As mentioned, it is by far the highest payoff and it’s not even close. I buy 2 bred does for $300 and I breed 4 of my own. We will have $200 in feed for the entire year.

Comment

I’m tagging this. My freshman is set on trying rabbits for year 1 FFA. I don’t know the first thing about em.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
              I’m tagging this. My freshman is set on trying rabbits for year 1 FFA. I don’t know the first thing about em.

Show rabbits are new to me . I have raised meat rabbits a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                Show rabbits are new to me . I have raised meat rabbits a few times.

Unless I’m mistaken, they are the same. We have a terminal show and they all get loaded on a trailer and become food for something[emoji51]. Our show is almost all California’s.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                  Unless I’m mistaken, they are the same. We have a terminal show and they all get loaded on a trailer and become food for something[emoji51]. Our show is almost all California’s.

I guess I need to rephrase it . I’m new to showing rabbit . I’m use to just feeding them and eating them . Knew nothing about having to groom them . Getting the to sit still in a certain position for a certain time . And all the questions the judges ask.

Comment

One more question what would it hurt to pull them off feed for 2 days . They are very close to being over weight. Two of them actually are .

Comment

I’m in initial phase of my rabbit treadmill development…. Let’s talk

Comment

One more question what would it hurt to pull them off feed for 2 days . They are very close to being over weight. Two of them actually are .
                        Have y’all had the Rabbit show? How did things turn out?

Comment

Not unless they are way heavy. Some people will take them off of water the day before if necessary.
                          We used to separate them & feed the heavy ones some oat meal ( dry ) to get the weight down. We usually always showed up the morning of the show bouncing the scale.

Comment

I’ve had our rabbits almost 1/2 pound over the weight with 3-4 days left and made the weights. But we were on full feed. Cut the feed back and pull the water the night before the show.

Comment

I "show" rabbits where the freezer is. Not sure that counts. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                                Have y’all had the Rabbit show? How did things turn out?

Not looking to good . All three rabbits weigh the exact same . 4.57 or 4.58 . The last few years that is what the judge wanted . This year he was more focused on the thickness in the rear. When he gave his spill before he judges he said he was not even looking at the weight as long as they where in the right range to show . 3.8 to 5 lbs . I think she ended up 64 or 65 . Won’t know till later on this evening if they will make the sale. Only 180 animals will sale . If I would of took my two bigger rabbits and one of the three I took we would of mostly likely placed better .

Comment

Working...
                                X