Chat GPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat GPT

For you people who aren't using it for work/school you're missing out. The future is here! It's awesome and I'd recommend trying it out even for fun.

If your asking what is it? This is ChatGPT response:

"ChatGPT is a conversational language model developed by OpenAI. It uses advanced machine learning algorithms to generate human-like responses to text-based inputs, allowing it to engage in open-domain conversations on a wide range of topics. The model has been trained on a massive corpus of text data from the internet and has demonstrated remarkable proficiency in language generation tasks."

We already have some people on here that can do that.

Comment

hmmmm interesting..

Comment

One argument against using ChatGPT or other language models is the potential for perpetuating biases and inaccuracies present in the training data. These models have been trained on vast amounts of text data from the internet, which may contain harmful stereotypes, misinformation, and other problematic content. As a result, the language generated by these models may reflect these biases and perpetuate them in further interactions with users.

Another issue is that these models can often generate responses that are coherent and seemingly plausible but ultimately incorrect or misleading. This can lead to a lack of accountability for the information that is generated, and could have serious consequences if relied upon in sensitive or important contexts.

Additionally, the use of language models may discourage the development of critical thinking and independent analysis skills, as users may become overly reliant on the output generated by the model.

In conclusion, while language models like ChatGPT have the potential to greatly enhance our ability to communicate and access information, it is important to be aware of their limitations and to use them with caution.

Comment

I’ve been keeping up on GPT and it’s scary what it can do. I’m curious what’s actually being done behind closed doors if this is what’s being released to the public. With everything I’ve researched on the subject we’re at the point of no return on AI, once it’s out it’s out.

Comment

It's going to kill the customer support industry.

Now every time you need technical/customer support it's going to be an AI that you are chatting with.

Schools will have to learn to adapt since it will write papers and site sources.

Super interesting. Once true AI is out there, there is no stopping it. Skynet here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
              Skynet here we come!
              That is no joke.

Comment

Schools will have to learn to adapt since it will write papers and site sources.
                Funny you mention that. I argued with it over how its creation would flood the job market with unqualified applicants with bachelor's degrees.

It told me it's the institutions obligation to provide ethical reasons not to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  One argument against using ChatGPT or other language models is the potential for perpetuating biases and inaccuracies present in the training data. These models have been trained on vast amounts of text data from the internet, which may contain harmful stereotypes, misinformation, and other problematic content. As a result, the language generated by these models may reflect these biases and perpetuate them in further interactions with users.

Another issue is that these models can often generate responses that are coherent and seemingly plausible but ultimately incorrect or misleading. This can lead to a lack of accountability for the information that is generated, and could have serious consequences if relied upon in sensitive or important contexts.

Additionally, the use of language models may discourage the development of critical thinking and independent analysis skills, as users may become overly reliant on the output generated by the model.

In conclusion, while language models like ChatGPT have the potential to greatly enhance our ability to communicate and access information, it is important to be aware of their limitations and to use them with caution.

Right.. It's not with out flaws but this is only generation 1.

My wife is a technology teacher at our local HS, and they already have kids using it to write papers. Obviously they got caught, because they haven't turned in anything good all year then bam a perfectly structured paper with no grammatical errors. But currently our admin is not going to ban the website on school computers. Their argument is that there is no putting that genie back in the bottle and it would harm the kids in the long run. Deciding to teach them how to use is it as a tool not as the enemy. Because in in the real world it will be there anytime they need it. Just like calculators back in the day they wanted us to learn complicated multiplication and division bc we would never have a calculator in our pockets.
                  Last edited by CrownKiller14; 02-07-2023, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    Funny you mention that. I argued with it over how its creation would flood the job market with unqualified applicants with bachelor's degrees.
                    That already happens!

Comment

That already happens!
                      I agree, but now the idiots are being spoon fed with this.

I had to grade a paper once for a guy who I believe was an all-american center on the basketball team, and possibly an all-american DH on the baseball team. I could be off on accomplishments, but the kid was a two sport super star and had tons of accolades.

Anyway, his paper was being graded on grammar as it was for the school newspaper. It took me about a half hour. Everyone else was done in 5 minutes. I don't know that I could go 3 or 4 words without some kind of error. That guy has a Master's Degree and is employed at another university. Great guy, but dang.
                      Last edited by ctom87; 02-08-2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

It's going to kill the customer support industry.

Now every time you need technical/customer support it's going to be an AI that you are chatting with.

Super interesting. Once true AI is out there, there is no stopping it. Skynet here we come!
                        I work at a higher education institution and we are actively working on addressing this. The impact is huge. Microsoft invested $5 billion dollars in Chat GPT. Google now has BARD which is a smiilar technology.

Word is that both platforms are working to implement plagiarism technology, such as Turnitin, so users can't present work from the AI as original work.

It can be really helpful for technical writing applications.

Here's a poem I asked it to write about bowhunting in Texas. This took about 10 seconds to generate.

In Texas, where the skies are big and skies are blue,
                        A hunter stands with bow, and sets his aim, it's true.
                        He rises with the sun, and walks the wilds with ease,
                        With a spirit full of grace, and the thrill of the chase.

The deer they roam the land, and roam they wild and free,
                        And the hunter seeks them out, with a calm, a steady glee.
                        He listens to the wind, and he feels it in his heart,
                        The rush of adrenaline, before the shot, before the start.

He waits, he waits so still, until the moment's right,
                        He pulls his bow with grace, and takes his aim, so bright.
                        The arrow flies so fast, and finds its target well,
                        A victory for the hunter, a feast that he can tell.

The Texas sky turns red, and the hunter walks away,
                        With his prize in hand, and a smile on his face.
                        He knows the thrill of the hunt, the thrill of the kill,
                        And he'll do it once again, when he returns to the hill.

So here's to the hunter, who walks the Texas wilds,
                        With his bow and arrow, and his heart full of child.
                        May his shots be true and swift, and his hunts be ever grand,
                        In Texas, where the bowhunting is forever at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          I work at a higher education institution and we are actively working on addressing this. The impact is huge. Microsoft invested $5 billion dollars in Chat GPT. Google now has BARD which is a smiilar technology.

Word is that both platforms are working to implement plagiarism technology, such as Turnitin, so users can't present work from the AI as original work.

It can be really helpful for technical writing applications.

Here's a poem I asked it to write about bowhunting in Texas. This took about 10 seconds to generate.

In Texas, where the skies are big and skies are blue,
                          A hunter stands with bow, and sets his aim, it's true.
                          He rises with the sun, and walks the wilds with ease,
                          With a spirit full of grace, and the thrill of the chase.

The deer they roam the land, and roam they wild and free,
                          And the hunter seeks them out, with a calm, a steady glee.
                          He listens to the wind, and he feels it in his heart,
                          The rush of adrenaline, before the shot, before the start.

He waits, he waits so still, until the moment's right,
                          He pulls his bow with grace, and takes his aim, so bright.
                          The arrow flies so fast, and finds its target well,
                          A victory for the hunter, a feast that he can tell.

The Texas sky turns red, and the hunter walks away,
                          With his prize in hand, and a smile on his face.
                          He knows the thrill of the hunt, the thrill of the kill,
                          And he'll do it once again, when he returns to the hill.

So here's to the hunter, who walks the Texas wilds,
                          With his bow and arrow, and his heart full of child.
                          May his shots be true and swift, and his hunts be ever grand,
                          In Texas, where the bowhunting is forever at hand.
                          wow, that's a surprisingly good poem.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Somebody ask ChatGPT where to find the best discussion forum on the internet about bow hunting in Texas and post the result.

Comment

Bam! We're famous.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X