No announcement yet.

Chat GPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What in tarnation are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
      I’ve been keeping up on GPT and it’s scary what it can do. I’m curious what’s actually being done behind closed doors if this is what’s being released to the public. With everything I’ve researched on the subject we’re at the point of no return on AI, once it’s out it’s out.
      I agree. Being in IT for 30 years I can tell you once the "Genie is out of the bottle!" It's dang hard to put it back in.

Comment

Do guns kill people or do people kill people?

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions, but the commonly accepted view is that guns do not kill people on their own, but rather it is the actions of people that result in the use of firearms leading to death or injury.

Guns are tools, and like any tool, they can be used for good or for harm. It is ultimately the person behind the tool who determines its impact. While guns can certainly facilitate the ability to cause harm and death, the responsibility for that harm lies with the person who uses it.

However, it is also widely recognized that the availability and ease of access to firearms can contribute to an increased risk of gun-related deaths and injuries. As such, there is ongoing debate and discussion about measures that could be taken to help reduce the harm associated with firearms, such as background checks, training requirements, and restrictions on certain types of firearms.

Comment

I’ve been very impressed/blown away with the capability of it. You can input things like ‘write excel code to count all cells in a column that are in red text, and also separately count all cells in a column that are green text and blue fill color and are equal to 0.99 or less’. 5 seconds later- voila. The amount of businesses that can be created with this is insane..

Comment

Nevermind.
            Last edited by SamHarper; 02-08-2023, 09:55 PM.

Comment

And in other news, the Google version (Bard) made a slightly costly error yesterday.

Just a 100 billion bucks.

The shares of Google parent Alphabet dropped $100 billion in value after Google's new conversational AI chatbot Bard answered a question incorrectly.

“JWST took the very first pictures of a planet outside of our own solar system.”

Astronomers on Twitter were quick to point out that this information was false. Astrophysicist Grant Tremblay later quote tweeted the post explaining that the first image of a planet outside our solar system was taken in 2004 — this is before the James Webb Space Telescope was created.

Comment

It was asked to make a poem about Trump and it said he was a Racist, then asked to make a poem of the current potatoe and of course it make a great poem about how he brings us all together.

Then asked what white people could do to better themselves and it came up with a whole long woke list about privilege, diversity and inclusion stuff. Then asked what brown/black people can do and im sure you know the answer.

Woke programming.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  It was asked to make a poem about Trump and it said he was a Racist, then asked to make a poem of the current potatoe and of course it make a great poem about how he brings us all together.

Then asked what white people could do to better themselves and it came up with a whole long woke list about privilege, diversity and inclusion stuff. Then asked what brown/black people can do and im sure you know the answer.

Woke programming.
                  100%, we just thought social media was bad.
                  This will be ten fold worse, but how are you going to stop it?
                  We've only just begun, enjoy humanity while it's still around.
                  When Elons done using Twitter to perfect his AI = Hold my beer fellas....

Comment

It’s the devils

Comment

This will be great fodder for the conspiracy guys, cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        I’ve been very impressed/blown away with the capability of it. You can input things like ‘write excel code to count all cells in a column that are in red text, and also separately count all cells in a column that are green text and blue fill color and are equal to 0.99 or less’. 5 seconds later- voila. The amount of businesses that can be created with this is insane..
                        Didnt it just take the value of that ability to zero? Seems more like it would hurt those related businesses more than it would help them

Comment

I've been trying to get into to it to have it rewrite my resume to match a job posting based on my current experience. I've never been able to get into to to try. There are multiple different AI sites that all do different things. Jasper AI is for writing but they want $89/month.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Didnt it just take the value of that ability to zero? Seems more like it would hurt those related businesses more than it would help them

Yep. It’s gonna be an interesting few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              I fully believe some businesses and jobs are on the way out the door because of AI. But there are certainly opportunities to create new businesses as well.

Comment

Well, If this is the way this AI thinks just starting out, we are going to be owing it reparations in 3 months.

is racism really systemic

Yes, racism is a systemic issue that affects many aspects of society, including institutions, policies, and social structures. Systemic racism refers to the ways in which racist ideas and practices are embedded within the structures and institutions of a society, resulting in unequal treatment and outcomes for different racial groups.

For example, systemic racism can manifest in areas such as criminal justice, education, housing, and employment, where racial minorities are disproportionately affected by unequal treatment and lack of opportunities. Systemic racism can also perpetuate harmful stereotypes and result in a lack of representation and visibility for racial minorities in areas such as media, politics, and leadership positions.

Combating systemic racism requires addressing the root causes of racial inequality and working to dismantle the systems and institutions that perpetuate it. This involves acknowledging the historical and ongoing impact of racism, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, and advocating for policies and practices that promote racial justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X