No announcement yet.

Texas Ranchers & Illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joke that we should just go ahead and install bump gates for them since they are cutting locks on gates and cutting fencing or running it down on a weekly basis. In order to circumvent the heavy dps presence on the county road, coyotes are just driving through ranches until they hit I35.

Comment

I feel so bad for all of you land owners , especially the ones that have inherited family ranches that go way back! From what I’m reading on this thread alone, if you are just leasing you may want to be discerning this very heavily. Is hunting there and placing you or your families lives in danger worth the hunt? Everyone will always have to be packing heat and watching over their shoulders from here on out and it is just going to get worse. Please be careful.

Comment

need to get a bunch of landowners together and form a group of regulators to protect their property. if the govt wont do it, then do it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
          need to get a bunch of landowners together and form a group of regulators to protect their property. if the govt wont do it, then do it for them.
          What would you do? It’s about like trying to herd cats as it is.

Comment

I hate to say it, but it will most likely come down to ranchers defending their lives here pretty soon in all out gun battles. The illegals get braver and braver every day and most are not coming over to work anymore.

Comment

Buy used Backhoe Loaders from Case, John Deere, Cat, JCB, Volvo, Yanmar and more. Buy with confidence with our IronClad Assurance®.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                Kinney county again, I’ve heard their Sherrif giving interviews about this twice this year already. (Houston am news radio)

We hunt about 3 miles outside of Brackettville.
                I have no plans on staying in camp overnight with only one street truck in the lot.
                If there are multiple lease members in camp, I’m fine.
                Me alone or with son, not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Which way from Bracketville, if you don't mind saying? Just curious, we were about 6 miles out of Bracketville until about 3 years ago. There was no illegal activity then. BP drug the fence lines every day and we pretty much never saw a soul. Sad that things are getting that bad

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                  Which way from Bracketville, if you don't mind saying? Just curious, we were about 6 miles out of Bracketville until about 3 years ago. There was no illegal activity then. BP drug the fence lines every day and we pretty much never saw a soul. Sad that things are getting that bad

Had some relatives that worked a high fence lease a few miles outside of Bracketville heading towards Uvalde. They had plenty of stories about illegals walking through the main gate and into the lease. The problem is that gate is the only way into or off the property unless a high fence is cut. Needless to say, the gate had to be closed at all times to prevent this from happening.

Comment

The only time this East Tx boy has seen illegals when hunting I was on a company hunt in Bracketsville. No service, and they just disappear into the brush.. That was the longest 1 hr of my life waiting on my ride to pick me up

Comment

yeah hunted near Eagle Pass for 13 years- never have we seen it like it was this past season. Illegals walking into camp at night while we were sitting around the camp fire. BP telling us the cartel is passing through all around us. Illegals now being armed. The traffic was 20 times plus more this season than ever before.

Pic is of our camp where they threw a tire through the window, grabbed a ladder, and went inside. Very brazen for sure
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post

3 miles on the Uvalde side.
                        Illegals have visited our camp house in the past, only taking the water bottles we leave inside. It’s not locked so hopefully they won’t feel the need to destroy anything while they are passing through.

I hope to never see any, but it’s always a concern when out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a young kid on a construction site today. I asked him if there was no school today. Not for him, kid is 14yrs old, got here a month ago from Honduras, he is now a full time framer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                            What would you do? It’s about like trying to herd cats as it is.
                            Just start shooting em, period.
                            People want to flame for post like this, but as it gets worse and worse, our own are going to start getting killed.
                            It's only a matter of time until it happens.
                            Then what?
                            It would only take once or twice until the word got around to stay off so and so's property, cuz when people go on that property they never come out.
                            Let somebody's son or daughter get killed down there, and watch what happens.
                            They gonna start mowing em down, consequences be ****ed.
                            The cartels are gonna own that part of the US before long.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Just start shooting em, period.
                              People want to flame for post like this, but as it gets worse and worse, our own are going to start getting killed.
                              It's only a matter of time until it happens.
                              Then what?
                              It would only take once or twice until the word got around to stay off so and so's property, cuz when people go on that property they never come out.
                              Let somebody's son or daughter get killed down there, and watch what happens.
                              They gonna start mowing em down, consequences be ****ed.
                              The cartels are gonna own that part of the US before long.
                              yep treat it just like any outher home invation , cause thats basically what it is .

Comment

Just 2 weeks ago our neighbor was driving our dividing fence line when out stepped a guy from the brush on our property yelling and screaming at him that he had a gun and would shoot him. Neighbor called BP,
                                And the neighbor didn't shoot him? ??

Comment

Working...
                                X