Anybody Know How to Fatten FFA Turkeys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Know How to Fatten FFA Turkeys?

My daughter is a sophomore this year and has really gotten involved with her FFA group at school. She has 8 healthy White Breasted meat turkeys. We are wondering if anybody knows some ways to increase their weight for show season? There are very few resources online so maybe you guys knows where we can find some good information. She currently feeds Producer’s pellet food. Thanks in advance!

Paylean

Comment

Find a male for them and get them married?

Lord, forgive me for that right there. And bless the poor pygmies in Africa.

Comment

Pen'em tighter to slow them down. Fresh water and fans so they don't burn excess calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Find a male for them and get them married?

Lord, forgive me for that right there. And bless the poor pygmies in Africa.
          Oh ****. 😂

Comment

cold beer and brisket has done wonders for me!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba joe View Post
              cold beer and brisket has done wonders for me!

You and me both!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Keep them in the dark most of the day, They will sit down thinking its roost time.
                They will put on the pounds!!

Comment

I used to raise capons for FFA and I had an uncle that raised chickens for Tyson. I got all of my feed from him and it was some potent stuff. My birds were always larger than all the others. Find a grower and see if you can talk him out of some feed.

Comment

If they are anything like chickens, if they are up they are eating. Keep them awake.

Comment

We never raised turkeys or chickens only pigs but have friends that do. They actually set an alarm every hour and everyone takes shifts to feed the birds. If you look at that people that continuously win with chickens and turkeys, they feed them every hour around the clock. I also know some people that have radios on timers that go off every hour to wake them up. Like was said above, if they are awake and moving, they are eating.

Comment

If you or your wife have facebook look up A&B Livestock Supply, Brad Hairston. Him and his wife are about as good as it gets at feeding poultry.

Comment

Thank You all for your help and suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            We never raised turkeys or chickens only pigs but have friends that do. They actually set an alarm every hour and everyone takes shifts to feed the birds. If you look at that people that continuously win with chickens and turkeys, they feed them every hour around the clock. I also know some people that have radios on timers that go off every hour to wake them up. Like was said above, if they are awake and moving, they are eating.
                            Sounds like me...if Im awake, I always make a pass through the pantry or the refrigerator just to see what's there. (Even though I am already well aware of what's there usually)

Comment

I am a Purina Dealer…

Here is some helpful info…

Wondering what to feed show turkeys? Our experts provide key practices and feeding strategies to keep your turkeys healthy and show ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X