Mold and mildew removal from stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House is a few years old. I opted to have Austin rock siding like most. Some mold and mildew has shown up where the irrigation hits the side of the house. What’s the best method to removing the mold. I’ve tried the zepp mixture and it did nothing to it. What do you say gs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Try this stuff from Lowe's
    Attached Files

Comment

Bleach/water mixture sprayed on. It works on cedar fencing

Comment

If you can find sprayable ferrous sulfate, spray the algae with it. It will kill it.

Comment

Pressure washer

Comment

Bleach and pressure wash

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
              Bleach and pressure wash

This, then let it dry completely, and apply a breathable sealer, like prime-a-pel, or dietrich 303.

Be careful with any cleaner containing acid, Austin stone is soft and porous, and you can burn it with too much acid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-03-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

The mold remediation folks that did their thing at my in-laws after Hurricane Harvey said bleach works but doesn't always kill ALL off the mold spores before it evaporates and that is why the mold sometimes regrows
                They said they use hydrogen peroxide because it kills biologicals and breaks down mold at the cellular level

I don't know if it's true but these folks removed the sheet rock, scrubbed mold off of the 2x4's and left it with fans to dry it after applying the hydrogen peroxide...wood looked new and clean still 2 weeks later

Comment

Jo-max. Just used on my house an hour ago. Found this stuff years ago, the cooler seats on the boat had mildew that would not come completely off. I would bleach and scrub for hours and get most of it and it would come right back. Picked up some Jo-max from Home Depot to tie it a try. Sprayed them down and hosed off and it was gone. No scrubbing, just spray and rinse.

Comment

I agree on the Jomax.

Comment

Bleach, little soap and power washer.
                      I’ve made some good money doing this

Comment

Bleach, water and power washer. Doesn't hurt to throw in a little Dawn dishwashing liquid.

Comment

My house is 20 years old. Never been able to get it completely clean, I should have sealed it long ago!

Comment

This stuff right here. Used it on my house. It takes a week or so for the mold and algae to disappear but the stuff works.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I stumbled upon this thread while looking for ways to tackle mold in my own house. I feel your pain, dealing with mold and mildew can be a real pain in the arse, especially when it's on Austin rock siding. I did some digging and found that the best method for removing mold from stone is to use a mixture of vinegar and water.

Comment

Working...
                              X