Suicide knob on boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide knob on boat

Want to put one on my center console. Steering wheel is on the right side. Where do you guys have yours oriented? 12, 1, 2. 10, 11???

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Want to put one on my center console. Steering wheel is on the right side. Where do you guys have yours oriented? 12, 1, 2. 10, 11???
    It won’t really matter if you’re using hydraulic steering, the position will eventually drift from bleed back, but start at 2

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      It won’t really matter if you’re using hydraulic steering, the position will eventually drift from bleed back, but start at 2
      Yes, hydraulic steering. But I don't understand it drifting back. I don't think mine does but I guess we'll see with the knob of reference point.

Comment

My knob wanders all over the place. I did just replace my seals and bleed the system but it would drift between the ramp and camp quite a bit. The knob kinda annoys me honestly, always catching my my kill switch lanyard.

Comment

Haven't put one on my boat (you've got me thinking!) but have them on my Polaris and hunting truck. I orient those at about 4:30 since I use my right hand primarily to steer and I set them to the inside of the steering wheel. Keeps them away from my gut!!!

Comment

Mine is at 2

Comment

I had mine right at 2:00. It made driving my center console a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
                I had mine right at 2:00. It made driving my center console a breeze.
                This right here. I wouldn't drive it without one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It should go opposite of your binnacle.

Binnacle on right, knob on left at 11 o’clock position.
                  Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 12-04-2022, 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

90 degrees off the right filangee.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post

Binnacle is on the deck of my console not the side so it should matter. Right???

Comment

Knob will wander around on hydro steering. It really will not matter. I operated about 8 different boats at work and every one of them was in different position. It never bothered me at all

Comment

Mine is about 5.30. It's great when sitting on leaning post and cruising. Sucks when standing and rough water

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

12 on my pontoon. Either way it goes down when wheel is vertcal and/or its there for when Im standing to pull to me when wheel is flat.

It can be taxing if you have shoulder rotator cuff issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X