Bucks already broken up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks already broken up

I'm hunting in Young County and have noticed about 75% of the bucks I'm seeing already have some tines broken. What's yall thoughts, all bucks still in bachelor groups and have shown zero interest in the does. Could it have been the dry summer and just more brittle? Grasping at straws obviously.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Not a single one of mine in Young is broke yet, and all look healthy.

Comment

You must have a really low buck to doe ratio if they are already fighting and breaking up. The horns because of the drought don't have the mass as previous years and may be another reason. Just guessing

Comment

Drought year.

Comment

I’ve noticed a significant decline in mass this year.

Comment

Dang I still have one or two in velvet.

Comment

We have a few with broken brow tines already. Deer are waaaaay down for us as well …

Comment

I’ve got videos of bucks in Oklahoma getting after it. Few broken tines as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One of our hunters shot a buck last Wednesday that was broken. Saw the same buck 4 days prior and he was fine. Crazy year...some still in velvet and some already breaking.

Comment

Seems like they always break up early on the really dry years. Not this early though.

Comment

I had 7 bucks come in on me Saturday afternoon. 3 were mature, a couple were middle-aged, and a couple dinks. They all came together, ate within feet of each other, and left together. One of the mature deer already had broke a 2. We have another 8+ year old that snapped off an inline within the last few days.

I think we’re going to see a lot of busted up bucks this year.

Comment

Have one that's snapped his beam completely off already and one that busted one of his brows.

Comment

due to Covid some say.

Comment

Working...
                          X