Child support = depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    Who came up with this primary custody and the other parent gets visitation every other weekend? Why not just rotate weeks and nobody pays any child support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This would be great, but knowing their is no money in that, the woman would fight for primary with limited visitation with the dad to get the $$$. The sad part is that most men that get 50/50 end up paying CS anyways. Maybe, and hopefully not the full %.

One person whom I was in discussion with the 50/50 and no CS said that parties in some cases would fight for that just to not have to pay CS and not because they truly wanted their children 50% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      Wow! Straight up ho’ she had it planned all along. How did your buddy handle it?
      He paid until the kid turned 18. The kid didn't even visit him, though Bob was a great guy. He never even looked at a woman after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
        It won't let me read. Can you post what it says?

Comment

Guy shot ex-wife 4 times prior to custody hearing. She'll survive.
          Last edited by Bluesman; 06-28-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much..I've always wondered how more woman haven't fallen out of a speeding car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
              This would be great, but knowing their is no money in that, the woman would fight for primary with limited visitation with the dad to get the $$$. The sad part is that most men that get 50/50 end up paying CS anyways. Maybe, and hopefully not the full %.

One person whom I was in discussion with the 50/50 and no CS said that parties in some cases would fight for that just to not have to pay CS and not because they truly wanted their children 50% of the time.
              I really wish I had the background info or link or something but i remember going through mine..had a friend who was an attorney (not mine) tell me that TAG gets some sort of kick pack when the fathers pay CS and thats why this system is encouraged instead of just trading weeks/no CS

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                this comment makes no sense if you actually been through this. It rarely works like this unless there is a strong strong case.

I actually got custody back after 12 years paying and didnt ask for any child support in return.
                The reverse happened to me. I got custody of my 2 girls who were ages 1 &2. Ex havin too much fun partying to take care of the home and didn't want kids muddying up her freedom. I did not ask for CS 'cause she couldn't pay anyway. Around the age of 12 the girls decided they wanted to live with Mom. Judge said OK. Hit me up for 20% of my paycheck. Was glad I only had 6 yrs to pay.

Comment

The whole system is a joke. The fact that it's 2021 and the system hasn't changed is also a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    The whole system is a joke. The fact that it's 2021 and the system hasn't changed is also a joke.
                    Some folks legitimately need this in place. There are more than a couple that dont.

Same with most things. Broad brushes drag in good folks who care and love their kids and would LOVE to have them 50/50, and not have to deal with the ancillary nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                    X