water trough/water tote transfer pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
    Pretty handy for sure. Just curious as to how often you have to fill up your reservoir ?
    We are in severe drought here. At my big protein pen the deer are drinking 75 gallons per week. This is well above average.

Comment

anyone got a hookup on some of these totes?

Comment

Nice set up

Comment

Looks like I will be getting one of those, using a pump off an old spray rig right now. It works but is pretty slow. Thank for the idea, never considered a bilge pump.

Comment

for those of you that messaged/text me the siding adhesive did not hold. I went back with the 3M 5200 and so far all is good.

Comment

nice project. I use the same pump clipped to truck battery when sucking water from a creek to transfer tank in the desert.

Comment

Great idea. I've used bilge pumps before. I ran the wired it with a trailer light plug and just plugged it into my trailer lights. I used the headlights as the hot plug.

The key to getting the best out of the bilge pumps is to make sure you match the hose diameter to the discharge size. If the discharge is 1", run a 1" hose the entire length.

Comment

Nice work, Bucky!

Comment

This setup laughs at my little 12 volt Tractor Supply pump that takes forever to do anything. Nice work sir, a lot of guys should be using this setup in the drought to move water around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Nice work, Bucky!
                      Thanks Mo!!

Comment

Working...
                      X