New Bull for the Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bull for the Ranch

Buddy of mine got this delivered to the ranch today. Came from Pennsylvania. Any one want to guess to score.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	664.2 KB
ID:	25262889
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0811.jpg
Size:	674.0 KB
ID:	25262890
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0812.jpg
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	25262891

Not what I was expecting.

"New bull for the ranch", I was thinking Angus or Hereford.

Pics aren't good enough to make a very accurate guess, but he is way over 400"

Comment

Need to name him Doc!

Comment

He’s going to love the summer heat

Comment

Don’t think he will make it to the summer heat. Breeder said that they don’t grow as big down here do to the heat. Hopefully he can breed a cow or two.

Comment

Beauty

Comment

Beauty

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                Don’t think he will make it to the summer heat. Breeder said that they don’t grow as big down here do to the heat. Hopefully he can breed a cow or two.
                Bring him in, then shoot?

Least thats how it sounds

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Bring him in, then shoot?

Least thats how it sounds
                  High fenced operations will surprise you. Money drives everything.

Comment

Never quite understood why people would pay big $$ to should a really nice bull elk in a high fence when they could spend the money and do it in there natural habitat. I guess some folks just see things different.

Comment

Maybe you would like to get his genetics mixed in with the heard. Maybe knowing that he will never be as big as he is now due to the heat, and someone is willing to pay good money to hunt him. Maybe that person is not physically able to go hunt them in the mountains. Lots of maybe's and if's. Just thought I would share pics of an awesome animal for everyone to enjoy.

Comment

He’s huge! How do they ship?…plane or trailer?

Comment

Maybe you would like to get his genetics mixed in with the heard. Maybe knowing that he will never be as big as he is now due to the heat, and someone is willing to pay good money to hunt him. Maybe that person is not physically able to go hunt them in the mountains. Lots of maybe's and if's. Just thought I would share pics of an awesome animal for everyone to enjoy.
                          Beautiful elk and I agree, hopefully he does some breading before his demise.

Sadly, some of these post should go in the PACE forum due to the reaction from some on here.

Comment

I can understand that. When $$ gets involved, you got make a return. It's a business. Beautiful animal.

When I was a kid and went on a high fence youth hunt, the ranch owner brought in a huge big bodied buck from up north as a breeder a couple week prior, and he said the mortality rate for the Northern bucks brought south(this was Corrizo Springs) was super high and you had to keep a close eye on them. We found the buck dead 2nd day of our hunt. He died of pneumonia.

So, not sure if you have the same issue with Elk, but I guess it's better to harvest him in the Fall/Winter then take a chance of him dying over the summer.
                            Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 10-08-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Nice Bull.

Comment

Working...
                              X