• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    Dem’s eatin size crawdads.
    Right!

Comment

That is a DREAM Place Steve!! Looks Fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        That is a DREAM Place Steve!! Looks Fabulous!
        Thanks David! How is your search going?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Thanks David! How is your search going?
          We have to sell our place 1st, but got some prospects lined up if we do.

Comment

Wow! What a great thread. We are at the tip of the iceberg of doing something similar to our lake at our ranch. This thread has poured more fuel onto my fire to get it done. Thanks for posting up all the awesome progress pics

Comment

Wow, I pass by an old gravel pit on the way to our place on whitney all the time and think how cool it would be if it held water..

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
                Wow! What a great thread. We are at the tip of the iceberg of doing something similar to our lake at our ranch. This thread has poured more fuel onto my fire to get it done. Thanks for posting up all the awesome progress pics
                Thanks. Would love to know some details on your lake.

Comment

Hanging out all weekend at the lake.

Couldn't believe it but apparently the smallmouth had a spawn and my son caught a 3" smallmouth today. Crazy that those 11 inch SMB would spawn already but I read that they occasionally spawn at that size in warmer climates.

Have some largemouth that are 4 inches already that are this year's crop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Need smaller hands and longer arms for that one.

Comment

Thanks. Would love to know some details on your lake.
                    Our lake is a 14 acre conservation lake. It was built to slow down down stream flooding of the Paluxy River. The problem is, there is a built in French drain system in the base of the dam. Over the years, silt has made the lake rather shallow, thus allowing all the water to completely drain out through the French drain system into an overflow tank behind the dam. First step is for us to weld valves onto the pipes that carry the water out of the drain system. Next step will be to dig out the lake into a primo bass structure lake, then stock with bait fish, then bass. Big, expensive project but gonna be a ton of fun when it’s finished.

Comment

Our lake is a 14 acre conservation lake. It was built to slow down down stream flooding of the Paluxy River. The problem is, there is a built in French drain system in the base of the dam. Over the years, silt has made the lake rather shallow, thus allowing all the water to completely drain out through the French drain system into an overflow tank behind the dam. First step is for us to weld valves onto the pipes that carry the water out of the drain system. Next step will be to dig out the lake into a primo bass structure lake, then stock with bait fish, then bass. Big, expensive project but gonna be a ton of fun when it’s finished.
                      Wow sounds nice. If you are stocking FL LMB's you should get in touch with BrandonA on here. His lake is about the same size and his fish are incredible. I think they stocked baitfish and waited TWO years before adding bass...but they have legit 13+ lb fish now.

Comment

Wow sounds nice. If you are stocking FL LMB's you should get in touch with BrandonA on here. His lake is about the same size and his fish are incredible. I think they stocked baitfish and waited TWO years before adding bass...but they have legit 13+ lb fish now.
                        Great advice. I have read his threads about his lake and I think he might have used Camelot Bell genetics. I’ve spoken with the owner, Mike, about our lake and have a general idea of a plan....but the more wisdom I can glean from others that have gone before me, the better. Fortunately for me, my kids are 5&7 so perch and small bass absolutely thrill them lol.

Comment

Great advice. I have read his threads about his lake and I think he might have used Camelot Bell genetics. I’ve spoken with the owner, Mike, about our lake and have a general idea of a plan....but the more wisdom I can glean from others that have gone before me, the better. Fortunately for me, my kids are 5&7 so perch and small bass absolutely thrill them lol.
                          Yes we stocked 1000 Camelots in our 15 acre lake. We let the bait fish have 3 yrs before we added bass. We try to remove 250-300 bass each year 17" or smaller. We started that in yr 3. THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT IF NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT BESIDES ALLOWING BAIT FISH TO ESTABLISH

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Yes we stocked 1000 Camelots in our 15 acre lake. We let the bait fish have 3 yrs before we added bass. We try to remove 250-300 bass each year 17" or smaller. We started that in yr 3. THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT IF NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT BESIDES ALLOWING BAIT FISH TO ESTABLISH
                            I still don't know how y'all had the patience to not stock bass for 3 years.
                            Its obviously worked wonders but I would have gone insane.

Comment

I too would be interested in renting your place when you have it up and running. It would be a great place to teach my wife different techniques. She doesn't have a lot of patience when fish aren't biting.

Comment

I still don't know how y'all had the patience to not stock bass for 3 years.
                                Its obviously worked wonders but I would have gone insane.
                                It helped that we had several other lakes to fish

Comment

Working...
                                X