Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Storm Imelda- HELP!!!

Hey guys,

I don’t post much here, but I figured I’d give it a shot. My good friend from Beaumont owns a floor shop and she is helping tear out floors for flood victims for free. She’s paying out of pocket (she’s a small business owner who just started up a few years ago) and is asking for donations to help pay her guys for their time and labor. I am going to post the link to the go fund me page here and hope that some of you might be willing to help her in assisting these flood victims. Any amount helps. I am also going sharing her Facebook post that explains everything.

Thank you!

Help us help others! We are gutting houses and need supplies. Your donations go toward helping The Floor… Macy Brush needs your support for Let’s rebuild SETX

Last edited by oneshotlu; 09-22-2019, 08:09 AM.

I May be out of line here, hope not, but tearing out the floors when she’s a flooring contractor seems like she’s planting the seed for future work. I’m a contractor and we will often do work to mitigate losses for homeowners but we end up getting the job once insurance comes through. It’s an investment in the business and brings work.

Comment

Sounds like a good business decision to me

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Sounds like a good business decision to me
        Yep,

I need them to come up here when done. I need all new floors upstairs and kitchen counter tops

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
          I May be out of line here, hope not, but tearing out the floors when she’s a flooring contractor seems like she’s planting the seed for future work. I’m a contractor and we will often do work to mitigate losses for homeowners but we end up getting the job once insurance comes through. It’s an investment in the business and brings work.
          Not sure it makes much of a difference, but this is for people without flood insurance. She’s 29 years old and just doing what she can to give back to the community. She opened the business a few years ago, so she doesn’t have a whole lot to give without the help. She’s not in anyway trying to scam people or anything like that. However, yes, I’m sure people will come back to her for the business when it’s time to purchase new flooring!

Comment

Originally posted by oneshotlu View Post

Not sure it makes much of a difference, but this is for people without flood insurance. She’s 29 years old and just doing what she can to give back to the community. She opened the business a few years ago, so she doesn’t have a whole lot to give without the help. She’s not in anyway trying to scam people or anything like that. However, yes, I’m sure people will come back to her for the business when it’s time to purchase new flooring!

Tough crowd these days. I think it’s awesome that somebody is willing to help without anybody signing a contract. Everybody is monetary driven, and the fact that they just want people to get back on their feet sounds like somebody that I would want to use at some point when I did need flooring

Comment

Here is a link to the news broadcast from her store, just so y’all can put a face with the person needing donations

Kelsey Borza joins us live from The Floor Shoppe where workers are helping inform those affected by Tropical Storm Imelda with tips and tricks for recover.

Comment

Working...
              X