220 swift for deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
    So you want me to beat my chest and brag about my sniper skills???

I shoot enough to know the right weapon will do the job as long as you don’t ask the weapon to do what it’s not built for, or ask it to compensate for user error. And thus far, it seems to me that those who have bad experience are guilty of one or both of these issues.
    Just curious. I've met a lot of people and instructed a lot of people at the police academy and in-service training who thought they could shoot, and could not hit a target to save their lives.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have any experience with the 220 speed demon ( swift ) but I do however have plenty of time behind my 22-250 & as the ballistics chart listed below show the swifty is a tad bit better then the 22-250. Now with that being said I am very confident that I can anchor any deer sized animal I hunt with my lil 22 rocket launcher so I'm sure the Swift very capable of being a consistant killer in the right hands with the correct projectile for the job.

I've put the 22-250 in lots of kids hands w/ 55gr. soft points explained shot placement & everyone has claimed their first deer or 10 with that gun.
      Attached Files

Comment

Proceed without caution. Great round.

Comment

Some people act like killing a whitetail is like trying to kill Godzilla.

White tails are ridiculously easy to kill. Put a well constructed bullet at very high velocity through the lungs and they are gonna die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Some people act like killing a whitetail is like trying to kill Godzilla.

White tails are ridiculously easy to kill. Put a well constructed bullet at very high velocity through the lungs and they are gonna die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
            Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
              Just curious. I've met a lot of people and instructed a lot of people at the police academy and in-service training who thought they could shoot, and could not hit a target to save their lives.

I have no doubt, which goes back to the question and my point.

Comment

I have no doubt, which goes back to the question and my point.
                What was your point again? I don't feel like scrolling back up any.

Comment

What was your point again? I don't feel like scrolling back up any.

Don’t worry about it, you’ve already contradicted yourself twice (so it’s like double jeopardy???) in this thread.

Comment

Will it work? Yeah.. I prefer to go with something bigger and have some insurance..

Comment

Don’t worry about it, you’ve already contradicted yourself twice (so it’s like double jeopardy???) in this thread.
                      Whatever sounds like you need big gun to make up for

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                        I shoot the 60 grain partitions out of my 22-250 and it does a great job, so out of a 220 swift i would expect similar results.
                        It's all in the twist rate. I have 2 Rem 700 22-250's with 14 twist bbl's that won't stabilize 60 gr Partitions.
                        What gun are you shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                          If you have a swift that will shoot 60 gr partitions that's awesome cause most times that 14 twist won't stabilize that bullet.
                          Velocity has some something to do with it. All 4 of my swifts will shoot under moa at 200 with a 60 partition. Run them harder, they’ll shoot.

Comment

For about the last 10 years the only rifle I have used is a Savage with Accu trigger in .223.

Of the several dear I have shot, all behind the shoulder, about 20 yards is as far as any of them made it.

All that I have a shot them with is a 62gr Federal tactical bonded round. All have had exit wounds.

It is not a really long range shot but the farthest I’ve ever killed a deer was a buck at 118 yards with the .223. It was quartering at me and the round went through the left shoulder and continued through both lungs, exiting the other side with about a 50 caliber hole.

Going back about 20 years, before I used my .223 I used my Remington 700 in .270. It was a great gun but got no better results.

I know that other bullets will work but I credit the success with the bonded round that basically does not come apart. I know that hollow points and varmint rounds can kill but I want the bullet to go in one side of the deer and come out the other leaving a fairly large hole. The 62 grain tactical bonded has done exactly that every time.

Comment

Whatever sounds like you need big gun to make up for

Bud, try and keep up. Either take the time to read and understand before you post or go to bed and stop making yourself look silly.

I’ve been pro-small caliber this entire thread….

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                                Velocity has some something to do with it. All 4 of my swifts will shoot under moa at 200 with a 60 partition. Run them harder, they’ll shoot.
                                What are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X