No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!! I love following along on your progress!!

Comment

When I saw the first few pictures I thought to myself those would be really nice bucks for my place and it’s crazy that they’re shooters. Then I saw the second set and it completely made sense to me. Love watching y’all’s progress!!

Comment

Another Buck

Here's another picture of a buck we are passing this year:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	24665970

We are hoping to give this guy one more year and see if he gets any bigger over the next year.

Comment

I was wondering if you had a finished out picture of the multi-brow buck. Amazing character!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
            I was wondering if you had a finished out picture of the multi-brow buck. Amazing character!
            Unfortunately, we don't have any good pictures of him out of velvet just yet. I will be sure to post one as soon as we get a good picture.

Comment

man those are some perfect culls! True POS bucks haha

And some future studs. Let them good ones breed. I love it

Comment

How much rain y’all get last night?
                About an inch in Blanket.

I’ll take it as dry as we were

BP

Comment

We got 0.35in on Wednesday morning. It’s better than nothing but I always like 0.5in or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It appears we got another 1/4-inch of rain yesterday. The big stuff was just to the north and east of us but at least we got something. Hoping to get some pictures of the plots this weekend/next week when my dad is out there.

Comment

Have y'all been able to hunt so far this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                        Have y'all been able to hunt so far this year?
                        Unfortunately, we haven't been able to hunt at all this year with all of the kids activities. Our kids don't finish flag football until the second weekend of November and I coach my sons team. The good news is that one of my older brothers will be out there on 11/18 to start hunting and the rest of us will start hunting later that weekend and through Thanksgiving week....GAME ON!

Since planting the plots, we have received 1.65in of rain. Hopefully they will be looking good over the next couple of weeks. Hoping to provide some pictures as soon as I get down there.

Comment

We got my brothers buck back (in the middle). The mount turned out great and much bigger than of the other deer we’ve shot at our previous deer leases.

Comment

The deer are in the food plots every morning and evening. Hoping to install a grazing enclosure soon so we can see how much is being browsed.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me about cages
                              I haven’t done that yet
                              About same rain here in Brownwood Co

Are you going to “top dress” your food plots with fertilizer?
                              I will because mine are small and cheap to do. Probably wait till next cold front and rain forecast

BP
                              Last edited by Big pig; 11-07-2021, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                                Thanks for reminding me about cages
                                I haven’t done that yet
                                About same rain here in Brownwood Co

Are you going to “top dress” your food plots with fertilizer?
                                I will because mine are small and cheap to do. Probably wait till next cold front and rain forecast

BP

We normally broadcast fertilizer when we broadcast our wheat and oats but we just didn’t have the time. If we could time a rain and spread some out just before, that would be great. Other than that, the clovers should help fixate Nitrogen in the soil to help reduce the amount of fertilizer needed. We typically use a 16-20-0 which is a high phosphorus fertilizer for our area.

Comment

Working...
                                X