No announcement yet.

Dune... Was epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see some positive reviews as I was wanting to see it.

A big portion on social media reviews were saying the ending was so abrupt and out of place it ruined the movie for them

Comment

I also watched it in IMAX and thought it was incredible...... makes me want to go buy the book so I don't have to wait a couple years to see what happens next!

Comment

I loved it. They did about as good a job as you possibly can trying to setup the political storylines, include some action, and just genuinely good cinematography. It is not a wall to wall action thriller, but that's not what I was expecting anyways. It's a huge story so hopefully they can get the other parts out and it doesnt die out just on this movie.

Comment

Ive only heard good things about, and alot of it. Its on my list to see when I get free time.

Comment

wasn't a fan. Not enough action. I won't see the second one when it comes out.

Comment

Its also on HBO, It had a Good ending but Its a long movie & the build up was slow so it was hard to finish. I think it was a one time deal for me

Comment

Loved this version of the book. Best movie I have seen since the pandemic...can't wait for the second half!

Comment

I enjoyed it. I had seen many of the bad reviews and was concerned, but really enjoyed it. I can understand if someone isn't familiar with the story line it would be possible to get lost. I really hope part two gets made.

Comment

It would be hard to do this story justice in 5 movies.
                    Dune is a long and convoluted plot/storyline. Think Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit & The Silmarillion.
                    "If" they finish the story in movie format it will have to be viewed as the set of "x" movies
                    and they could still screw it up... Not everyone is Peter Jackson.

Comment

My son read the books, we took him Sunday to see it at an imax in houston. I thought it was good and will go watch the second one when it comes out.

Comment

It was awesome, we watched at home stereo full blast with subtitles and tacos…the only way to watch movies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          I didnt understand it......

and the music playing in the background the entire time was really annoying
                          What didn't you understand? Not being a jerk actually asking

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                            Well my son and I didnt like it. Not my kind of movie so not surprising that i didnt like it. But my son loves that sort of thing and he didnt like it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            How old? I'll say this, it was a film for adults.

Comment

My buddy said it sucked. Lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Glad to see some positive reviews as I was wanting to see it.

A big portion on social media reviews were saying the ending was so abrupt and out of place it ruined the movie for them
                                Ill sya this... They definitely made it for the reader. Also it was a cliffhanger and while it draws attention cliffhangers ALWAYS draw make ppl mad

Comment

Working...
                                X