Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a poacher…

I have a poacher…

I just witnessed one of our resident Bald Eagles make two passes low over my surface feeding fish after the feeder went off. Two weeks ago he ate a floating dead bass that had swallowed one of my hooks.

I’m afraid he has my fishery pegged.

That could be bad. Can’t think of anything that can really be done about it.

Comment

Pretty sure you’re ok, because I think they mainly eat dead fish floating up top. A Water Turkey is way worse in my opinion. I could be full of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

Give him another source of protein he can get easier than that, not sure it would be cost effective

Comment

Use the fish food that sinks.

Comment

Call Parks and Wildlife. After watching Lone Star Law. Evidently the state has an unlimited budget for dealing with these types of things.

Comment

Cool to see. He would probably grab a grass carp at our place.
                Seen them on a hog carcass at our other place. I had to do a double take.
                Last edited by Big pig; 10-23-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Make the feeder go off right at dark or at night.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfoot1 View Post
                    Make the feeder go off right at dark or at night.
                    I was just about to type this, move feed time to his bed time!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                      I have a poacher…

I just witnessed one of our resident Bald Eagles make two passes low over my surface feeding fish after the feeder went off. Two weeks ago he ate a floating dead bass that had swallowed one of my hooks.

I’m afraid he has my fishery pegged.
                      One of the ponds on my neighbors place they Ate all his larger fish. He doesn’t live here. He asked me about it I told him that feeder and the big birds were having dinner every time it went off. I hand feed my ponds.

Comment

Shoot a hog and leave him at the waters edge.. I shot a 150ish# hog in my backyard one morning before work with the intention of dragging it off when I got home. My wife calls me 3 hours later to tell me that a balled eagle is eating it.. What??
                        Over the next 5-6 days we saw up to 3 eagles at a time. They ate that pig completely gone except for the bones.... It was interesting to watch. I wish now I would have put a game cam on it.. I did get pics with my phone.

Comment

Sss!!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Call Parks and Wildlife. After watching Lone Star Law. Evidently the state has an unlimited budget for dealing with these types of things.
                            That’s funny!

Comment

Well done Tbar. Thanks for not SSSing.

Ive heard, up north, they bonkers for chitty diapers. Maybe bait them elsewhere. And/Or find a good spot for the resident gut pile down wind of your pond.

Comment

Working...
                              X