What to do? POF 5.56 AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kcam23 View Post
    Interesting. Care to elaborate what problem could occur? Not being facetious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t believe he meant they are a problem, or that a problem will occur. The phrase answer looking for a problem is used to describe items with no real particular use. In his case too long to be handy, and too short to maximize velocity is my assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I don’t believe he meant they are a problem, or that a problem will occur. The phrase answer looking for a problem is used to describe items with no real particular use. In his case too long to be handy, and too short to maximize velocity is my assumption.

Bingo... and I agree completely. I've got 10.5", 16", and 24" bull-barreled 5.56. I'm not sure I understand the 18-20" ARs, personally. Maybe there's a use for them that I'm not aware of. Is that one 20"?

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        Pretty much this.
        If I needed something in larger & heavier form factor like that I'd lean towards utilizing a different caliber and maybe a different platform altogether. Once you add a can to that its gonna be a long one.

Looks like a 20" which still has a place just because cheap and plentiful M193 out of a 20" bbl is fast as ****, fragments and defeats more armor than you'd think it would.

Theres nothing wrong with it and I'm sure its a top tier AR I just don't prefer it aesthetically, I like a M16A4 styled rifle in a 20" bbl.

If it were me and I wanted a precision or hunting AR given the cost of those I'd probably sell it, get a Larue gun in a more capable caliber and use the the rest towards glass or ammo or something.
        Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 02-26-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Awesome info, and greatly appreciated.

Comment

here you go ... https://www.everydaymarksman.co/equi...rel-selection/

Comment

Thanks for the link. Good stuff. I know folks have their preferences on barrel length, but it’s good to see some factual data behind it.

Comment

Working...
              X