No announcement yet.

Broadhead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amything slick trick has flown perfect for me. That being said, ive shot numerous broadheads (fixed and mechanical) in the last few years and all flew true for me out to 30 yards. Ive shot slick trick mags and Solid bh’s out to 50 and they were spot on. The others I havent stretched out that far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ignore all you want but you need to tune your bow. If the arrows are not flying true a mechanical may hit where you field points do but you can have major penetration issues

You may also get someone to critique your form and make sure you’re not torquing your bow. Quite a few things can affect flight
      Last edited by bphillips; 09-10-2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Ram cats have been the best for me if I go fixed
        I just don’t have the time to tune a bow for a certain broad head so I have shot rage, almost every head they make, and they all fly the same as my field tips. Now with the no collar it’s a no brainer for me. Rage has never failed to do its job for me, there have been a few times where operator error was involved but I’ve also been saved several times by the sheer cutting diameter and damage they do.
        If you have the time and patients I understand all the tuning but a lot of people don’t have the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Could be something going on with the inserts or outserts if you shoot those. Put in the fixed blades you'er shooting and spin test them looking for any wobble.

I just switched to Cutthroat Broadheads and they shoot great for my setup.

Comment

I know you already said you’re going to ignore it, but I’ll say it anyway. Your bow isn’t fully tuned. Paper doesn’t tell the tale. And moving your rest all over the place isn’t how it’s done either. Rest needs to be set at center shot and level to slightly nock high. From there, all your tuning needs to be done with yokes or shims. Only then will 1/16” to 1/32” horizontal adjustment be acceptable.

I’ll throw any broadhead on the market on the end of one of my shafts and it will land where my field points do. There’s just a lot more to it than most realize. Take it with a grain of salt, but it’s the truth.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                Rage trypan shoots 100% like a field tip
                Cosign

Comment

Anything magnus

Comment

What’s your bow poundage and which arrow? There’s a chance you may be underspined and possibly may need to adjust nocking point. Sometimes an arrow change can make a big difference for the good.

That Muzzy Hybrid should hit the same as your field tips. That hybrid is as about of a forgiving head as you can shoot. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      What’s your bow poundage and which arrow? There’s a chance you may be underspined and possibly may need to adjust nocking point. Sometimes an arrow change can make a big difference for the good.

That Muzzy Hybrid should hit the same as your field tips. That hybrid is as about of a forgiving head as you can shoot. IMO.

Shooting 62# and using carbon express 6075. The hybrid was pretty close at 50yds and there could have been some human error. But the muzzy one was definitely off

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                        Shooting 62# and using carbon express 6075. The hybrid was pretty close at 50yds and there could have been some human error. But the muzzy one was definitely off
                        Definitely won’t be underspined with those arrows.

Comment

Meant to ask....Are you right or left handed?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Ignore all you want but you need to tune your bow. If the arrows are not flying true a mechanical may hit where you field points do but you can have major penetration issues

You may also get someone to critique your form and make sure you’re not torquing your bow. Quite a few things can affect flight

I agree with this. There is lots of variables in bow tuning. People like to say that if a bow will shoot a fixed blade and a field tip in the same hole it is tuned. I think there will always be a minor difference. I French tune and my Broadheads are never far off. I will then Broadhead tune till they are as close as I can get them within reason. If I get good arrow flight and they are hitting close to the same I will tweak my sight a bit if needed.. it sounds like you have somthing way out of wack

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                              Meant to ask....Are you right or left handed?
                              Shooting right handed

Comment

With just a broadhead recommendation I will say the solid legend broadheads for a fixed blade. S30V steel and come with a lifetime warranty if torn up shooting an animal. They fly great, and easily the sharpest and strongest broadhead I’ve ever shot

Comment

Working...
                                X