No announcement yet.

25-06 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've shot several deer with a 25-06 and it was the first deer rifle I bought myself.

I since sold it back to my buddy that sold it to me but I sure miss it. Doesn't do anything my other rifles can't do but there's something about 25-06 and deer hunting that I like.

Kinda like a model 70 in .270 to me.

Comment

Love mine, fantastic round. hard hitting,flat shooting. Have a sendero in 25-06 and I’ve killed a couple hundred deer with it. Previous owner killed over a 1000 deer and kicks himself for selling it to me.

Comment

Only caliber I have two of.
        A sweet shooting marlin and my wife’s sendero.

Both will stack the shots with the easy to find Hornady 117’s.
        Good whitetail medicine

Comment

25-06 is my favorite caliber as well. 100 grain Nosler ballistic tip shoots as flat as a laser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Remington 700 BDL in 25-06 that is a tack driver with the Federal Premium 117 gr SGK's.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
              I've wanted to get a 25-06 barrel for my TC Encore for a loonnnng time. What barrel length do you guys think is best for the 25-06 slinging 100g - 120g bullets?
              I would go 25 to 26 inch to get max velocity without being too long. a 25 inch encore is not any longer than a 22 inch bolt gun

Comment

My dad has shot a Ruger M77V in 25-06 since the 70's. Has the 24" tapered varmint barrel. I love that gun and he has killed many deer with it. I bought a Ruger MKII with the same heavy tapered barrel and mine loves the 117 Sierra game kings by Federal. 1/2" groups at 100. My wife tells me that is her gun now. One day I showed her how if you line up 2 pigs you can usually get a pass through and take 2 in one shot. So we were watching a group of 4 hogs and I was waiting for her to shoot, I tell her to shoot and she keeps telling me hold on. When she finally shoots 3 pigs about 60-70 pounds each all drop in their tracks. She says I was just waiting for them to get lined up. Shot was around 120 yards.

Comment

Bought a Remington 700 Long Range for my wife a couple years back in 25-06 for under $700 at Cabelas on sale. Shoots very well and for the money you cant beat it. Found the Ziess scope at carters on sale. makes a great shooter for for right around $1000
                  Last edited by Duramaxjack; 11-23-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                    My dad has shot a Ruger M77V in 25-06 since the 70's. Has the 24" tapered varmint barrel. I love that gun and he has killed many deer with it. I bought a Ruger MKII with the same heavy tapered barrel and mine loves the 117 Sierra game kings by Federal. 1/2" groups at 100. My wife tells me that is her gun now. One day I showed her how if you line up 2 pigs you can usually get a pass through and take 2 in one shot. So we were watching a group of 4 hogs and I was waiting for her to shoot, I tell her to shoot and she keeps telling me hold on. When she finally shoots 3 pigs about 60-70 pounds each all drop in their tracks. She says I was just waiting for them to get lined up. Shot was around 120 yards.
                    Thats awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorite caliber. It’s killed deer in 5 states, and a handful of antelope. Largest was a 250# mule deer, the smallest was a 100# pronghorn doe. All DRD. I’m using a Tikka T3 Hunter.

Comment

I’m sure that somebody will disagree with me, but I read an article the other day that actually has the 25-06 outperforming the 6.5 creedmore at 500 yards by large margin. I’d have to find it again to see how much less the 25-06 dropped than the creedmore, but it wasn’t even close. I do believe the creedmore has more energy but I thought it was interesting. I have a ruger m77 mII and It’s killed it’s fair share of deer, hogs and varmints. I would highly recommend

Comment

My two favorite rounds are 7mm-08 and 25-06

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                            My two favorite rounds are 7mm-08 and 25-06

I am with you on this.

Comment

My daughter and I both have Remington 700 25-06's. Both rifles love the Hornady Superformance ammo with the SST bullet. Have had great success with ammo even on large bodied mule deer. Its the main rifle that I hunt with because of the mild recoil and it will still reach out and touch them.

Comment

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/25...eid=7d15c1201d
                                Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
                                I’m sure that somebody will disagree with me, but I read an article the other day that actually has the 25-06 outperforming the 6.5 creedmore at 500 yards by large margin. I’d have to find it again to see how much less the 25-06 dropped than the creedmore, but it wasn’t even close. I do believe the creedmore has more energy but I thought it was interesting. I have a ruger m77 mII and It’s killed it’s fair share of deer, hogs and varmints. I would highly recommend

Comment

Working...
                                X