OK Diesel X-PERTS 7.3 OR 6.0 BULLETPROOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 7.3 or 04 6.0 both less than 140K Both same condition and options. Only pulling I will do is boat or camper. 7.3 is $1k higher but it has a winch on front end. What yall think - which will get better MPG Thanks

7.3 for sure
    My bullet proof 6.0 was in the shop every 6 months.
    There is a reason why a newer truck costs less than the older one

Comment

Comment

Comment

My dad had a 6.0 and it left me stranded 3 YES 3 times on the side of the hwy. Hated that truck.

Comment

If it's truly bullet proof then the 6.0

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
              X2

Comment

7.3....... No replacement for displacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Except that the 6.0 outperforms the 7.3 every day of the week in towing and racing...

Agreed, if its truly bulletproofed take the 6.0. 7.3 will get better milage though..

Send me a picture of the head stud/bolt and I'll tell you if its bulletproofed or not. Also look on the front of the intake manifold if there is a block off plate or and egr valve still in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                    Except that the 6.0 outperforms the 7.3 every day of the week in towing and racing...

Agreed, if its truly bulletproofed take the 6.0. 7.3 will get better milage though..

Send me a picture of the head stud/bolt and I'll tell you if its bulletproofed or not. Also look on the front of the intake manifold if there is a block off plate or and egr valve still in there.

Exactly, make sure it's bulletproof! Really bulletproof!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      x10

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post

This. I've owned both. The 6.0 will leave the 7.3 in the dust, empty or loaded. The 7.3 will get better fuel mileage.

But you HAVE to make sure it's been bulletproofed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post

He said he was only going to do light towing and he never mentioned racing.
                          So what you are saying is the 7.3L is the better choice for his circumstances.

Comment

Do you want a half a million mile truck that won't leave you stranded, then go 7.3. If you want to roll the dice and hope the 6.0 has been pretty much rebuilt in the hopes that it won't leave you stranded, 6.0 is the way to go! Just for the record I sold my 7.3 to a tbh with 361,000 and it is still running strong.

Comment

6.0 bullet proof..........LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X