No announcement yet.

Jimmy Buffet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one that I liked was "Nobody Speaks to the Captain No More".

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Your humble opinion is wrong. . . in my humble opinion. :-) DAC is generally regarded as a great songwriter by those in the business.

I'm not sure a better line has been written then this:

"Well, I'm up and gone at the break of dawn
      I've been working like a regular dog
      To keep my woman and the lights and water and the phone turned on."

Please Come to Boston, Take Tis Job and Shove it and The Ride are the three best song ever written by someone from Ohio! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        Your humble opinion is wrong. . . in my humble opinion. :-) DAC is generally regarded as a great songwriter by those in the business.

Please Come to Boston, Take Tis Job and Shove it and The Ride are the three best song ever written by someone from Ohio! :-)
        DAC did NOT write Please come to Boston OR The Ride.

Comment

Dave Loggins, born and raised in Tennessee, was inspired to write "Please Come to Boston" by a 1972 tour with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band which included stops in Boston, Denver and Los Angeles, cities which were new to Loggins. He stated: The story is almost true, except there wasn't anyone waiting {here} so I made her up.

Written by Gary Gentry and J.B. Detterline Jr., this lead single from Coe's Castles in the Sand album tells the tale of a hitchhiker who is picked up by the ghost of Hank Williams in an antique Cadillac on a lonely stretch of road from Alabama to Tennessee.

Comment

I like his lyrics.....his voice sucks, I go to have fun

Comment

Nobody ever got more out of 3 mediocre songs than Buffett, I’ll give him that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a big fan and will be there! Is he Frank Sinatra, no. However, the tailgates and his concerts are a blast.

His lyrics are catchy, put me in a great mood, and it's hard not to have a good time. It's a great escape from the doldrums of the ol' 9-5.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Giant lib

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

He has more than one song?!?!

Comment

Hard crowd. It’s a fun concert to go to. If you were wanting Garth or George….stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        Giant lib

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        Yep ....he is
                        But don’t worry, his liberal views won’t persuade me, I’m 100% red neck

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                          Hard crowd. It’s a fun concert to go to. If you were wanting Garth or George….stay home.
                          Garth is a Yankee, Country Poser. Please don’t put him in the same sentence as George 😉

Buffet was one of the best concerts I ever went to back in the 90’s.

Comment

I think there are some singers that do not have a “great voice” but are great singers. For me that was Chris LeDoux.
                            At one time I put J Buffett in that same category but after a few decades of retread songs and incessant marketing and merchandising to create his Margaritaville Empire, I now have him in the Girth Brooks section. A few of their early songs I like and the rest not interested.

Comment

Working...
                            X