Replacement fiber for sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement fiber for sight?

I have a Copper John Mark IV single pin sight. 10 years old, I need to replace the fiber. I like the sight and don’t see a need to upgrade to a new model.

It’s 2” diameter, 6 1/4” per wrap. It has about 10 wraps of 0.019 fiber for about 62 inches plus 2 more to go to the pin holder.

I can’t find any company selling 72” lengths. Anybody know of one?

If I did 20 wraps, creating a second layer in the groove (it’s deep enough) will that increase the brightness of the pin for these old eyes at sunrise and sunset?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that Lancaster Archery sells 72” lengths in different colors and diameters. It’s not on their web site (at least that I could find) but customer service gave me a part number and $22 + shipping cost.

Comment

I wound up ordering directly from the manufacturer in Florida. They sell 40” pieces but if you buy 2 and request they’ll ship a single 80”.

They have 2 products, the usf is their standard fiber and can be heated to have a larger dot. I ordered the tsf which is more durable, can make tighter bends but can not be heated to put a dot on the end. My sight’s pin didn’t have a dot at the end and a couple tight bends so it was the way to go.

Comment

Working...
      X