Dove hunting around Dilley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting around Dilley

I have a chance to go on a Day dove lease to Dilley this week. Guy by the name of Mark Kinsey is saying he has doves. Is anyone seeing much in that area, last I heard week before last is that area was very spotty. Give me your honest option on what you can share about Mark or the Dilley area.

$50 public hunting permit. There is a place near Dilley

Comment

No experience with that outfitter but that area can be lights-out for doves. I’ve had some of the best shoots of my life around there. Hunted there a couple weeks ago. Not the most birds I’ve ever seen but plenty of birds around. Wife and I hunted by water. Others in camp hunted some different areas but all had similar results. They seemed to be flying later in the day and the last hour was nonstop.

Comment

Just got back from Dilley last weekend. Hunted over a cut watermelon field. Plenty of birds. There was no defined flight path but they were there.

Comment

I am working in SA this week and plan to sneak down to Dilley for an evening hunt or two. Birds were steady on grain fields and around water two weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back

Comment

Bump

Comment

Buddies hunted in Cotulla last weekend & said it was off the charts awesome. One limited out on last hunt in 20 minutes w/ 410 O/U shooting 2-1/2s. I’m going back with them Thursday.

Comment

Birds were extremely thick this afternoon. Easy limit. The front tomorrow could throw in wrench in things, but I plan to give it another shot Thurs. morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X