Sugar withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    Vacuum seal or put leftovers in a freezer bag and submerge in hot water(sous vide method) till they reheat. I freeze brisket and pulled pork and reheat like this. I don`t even use the oven to reheat anything anymore after doing it this way.
    I'll give that a try.. thanks

Comment

…birthday cake, peach cobbler, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, blueberry muffins.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        I started my no sugar regimen and began weight training on Aug 3 at 213 lbs. Yesterday, I weighed 212. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
        I wonder if you might be developing insulin resistance (it happens as we age)? You might consider having your Hemo a1C checked.

If you are insulin resistant, or what they call “pre-diabetic,” it seems you can work out every day, all day long, and not lose more than a pound or two.

The struggle is real.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          Something that helps me a little. 1tsp of Redmond’s salt mixed with 8oz of water in the morning’s.
          This sounds interesting. In what way does it help you?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            I hit a pint of blue bell coconut cream pie on the way to the lease today.

I’m calling it a cheat meal.

Man was it good.
            Almost as good as “warm apple pie”.

Almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You had me at “Blue Bell”!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              This sounds interesting. In what way does it help you?
              For me it gives me electrolytes, helps me stay hydrated and the brine takes my mind off of sugar.

Comment

I wonder if you might be developing insulin resistance (it happens as we age)? You might consider having your Hemo a1C checked.

If you are insulin resistant, or what they call “pre-diabetic,” it seems you can work out every day, all day long, and not lose more than a pound or two.

The struggle is real.
                Do you have any research or studies regarding insulin resistance and inability to lose weight? I am interested in learning more about this...

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Do you have any research or studies regarding insulin resistance and inability to lose weight? I am interested in learning more about this...

Sorry, I don’t. Just a rudimentary understanding of the relationship between insulin and carbohydrates.

You might go online and search “insulin and carbohydrates” or “what is insulin resistance” for a better understanding than I can impart.

Comment

Sorry, I don’t. Just a rudimentary understanding of the relationship between insulin and carbohydrates.

You might go online and search “insulin and carbohydrates” or “what is insulin resistance” for a better understanding than I can impart.
                    Thank you. I will do this for sure. This may explain why i am not seeing the weight loss after what feels like a decent amount of energy expended.

Comment

Working...
                    X