Fletching error by 1//8"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching error by 1//8"

Not paying attention and glued on the cock feather 1/8" further from the nock than normal. Will this affect arrow flight a noteable amount compared to my other arrows, or should I just glue on the two hen feathers to match?

I’ve done that before. It will make absolutely no difference. If the arrows were flying out of a machine that shot precisely the same way every time it MIGHT make a slight noticeable change.

Comment

Ok! Well I'm in good company then.

Thanks

Comment

you're good
        Last edited by Tom; 06-29-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. While having all the fletching moved up wouldn’t necessarily be an issue having one in a different location will crate unequal drag across the rear of the arrow. Will it make a difference, I don’t know but since you roll your own I would take it off and reset them so they are equidistant.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            Anything worth doing is worth doing right. While having all the fletching moved up wouldn’t necessarily be an issue having one in a different location will crate unequal drag across the rear of the arrow. Will it make a difference, I don’t know but since you roll your own I would take it off and reset them so they are equidistant.

[emoji1662]
            I think there will certainly be a difference. Just not sure it'll be discernable and besides, I'm tightwad!!

I already glued on both hen feathers to match the cock feather, so I guess I'll find out.

Comment

It won’t matter

Comment

I know a guy that shot a tournament some years back that shot the same as always, but he had one arrow with blazers on them, with one of them being backward. No difference.

If we were shooting faster, you probably would see a difference, but with a compound bow, we will NEVER see that kind of speed.

Comment

I have a couple of arrows that the fletchings aren't even on. I have an arrow that has one of the vanes missing a big chunk.. they all fly better than I can shoot. I wouldn't sweat it..

Comment

If you can shoot good enough to realize any difference in those vanes, much less 1/8", you're in a club with very few members......

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                      If you can shoot good enough to realize any difference in those vanes, much less 1/8", you're in a club with very few members......
                      GREAT Answer!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        X2

And those members are also on the US Olympic archery team.

Comment

Won’t make a noticeable difference. I’ve fletched a many arrows and use to be a perfectionist about it. Then while working part time at an archery shop we did some tests on unequal fletching. We found you could stagger them all 2-3” apart and stil not see anything noticeable unless a fletching hits a drop away rest.

Comment

Won't notice a difference with that small discrepancy

Comment

When I was shooting 3D (strictly for fun, not competing) I remember seeing more than 1 person shooting arrows fletched with what looked like 1/2" difference in all 3

I have one in my practice quiver now that is about like the OP has and it groups with the others. I am definitely not shooting extra tight groups though

Comment

Working...
                              X