No announcement yet.

Sausage and egg breakfast Burritos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without pico de gallo it's missing something. And I agree it's tacos.
    24-2 is the number. Makes a good t*rd in the morning.

Comment

Rule of thumb is: 2 eggs and 1 sausage per person.

Comment

I try to make it easy

If you have a griddle, 2 eggs and 1/4lbs meat per mouth , I use 2 corn tortillas per taco if not using flour tortillas

I use more ingredients on this one same cook time
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-31-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
          Not my drawing/photo

This map is incorrect. The delicious items I called breakfast tacos in Austin where I grew up are called breakfast burritos in San Angelo. We are south of I-20.
          Last edited by The Crippler; 08-31-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

No need to argue about the name, they taste the same folded or rolled

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Ok, the difference between a taco and a burrito is the region? Regardless of what’s in it or size of tortilla?
              You don't realize it, but you just gave BOB reason to keep living for the next week or so.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

I mean the play is a taco… put another tortilla on the plate when the goods fall out, boom new taco. You do not get that with a burrito.

Comment

I’m a texture guy so I add roughly crunched Fritos right before eggs are all done. Kinda turns into migas but it’s delicious with bacon or sausage in a taco/burrito. That mixed with some pico is lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    You don't realize it, but you just gave BOB reason to keep living for the next week or so.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]
                    He’s definitely serious about his Mexican food.

Comment

I’ll add to the conversation. For the record, I’m north of 20. We’re going elk hunting next week. If you have extra eggs, do what we do. Make em up with any of the above recipes, vacuum and seal without tortillas in whatever individual amounts you want for burritos/tacos and freeze. We just leave in cooler and let em thaw throughout the week. First one up starts the coffee and water boiling. As everyone else gets up, they throw their packet(s) into the water. Once heated, pour on heated tortilla. Done. Go hunt. Just a thought.

Comment

Wrong

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Ok, the difference between a taco and a burrito is the region? Regardless of what’s in it or size of tortilla?
                        Wrong IMO
                        Burritos get soggy and fall apart taco’s eat faster and less sogginess
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-31-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Put 2 small cans diced and drained green chilis in them huevos, and right before theyre done, dump the whole bag of cheese in till they get gooey.

A tater of some sort is always welcome (I prefer to dice up leftover french frys from the night before), and some good refried beans really gets things going!

Go ahead and roll up burittos/tacos with the leftovers, and wrap them in foil for the next day.

And people who worry about the difference in a breakfast taco and breakfast burrito/taquito....really need to consider a vow of silence, no one wants to hear you talk.
                          Like others, I love a little potato on my breakfast taco. Whoever thought of cutting up leftover French fries (or even frozen ones) is a culinary genius! And while you’re at it, a little schmear of frijoles refritos rounds things out nicely. Just be sure to cut back on the number of eggs you cook if you’re adding these or other additional ingredients.

This thread has me thinking about fixin’ some up for tomorrow’s sunrise bird hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
                            I’ll add to the conversation. For the record, I’m north of 20. We’re going elk hunting next week. If you have extra eggs, do what we do. Make em up with any of the above recipes, vacuum and seal without tortillas in whatever individual amounts you want for burritos/tacos and freeze. We just leave in cooler and let em thaw throughout the week. First one up starts the coffee and water boiling. As everyone else gets up, they throw their packet(s) into the water. Once heated, pour on heated tortilla. Done. Go hunt. Just a thought.
                            When I go to Alaska and Yukon, this is what I do (cook or buy in town) , so much easier!! Plus some lakes have disgusting stuff in the water

Comment

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Burrito_vs_Taco

The nomenclatures too are pretty intriguing. The word "burrito" literally means "little donkey" which in turn comes from the word "burro" meaning "donkey". The dish probably got its name because a finished wrapped up burrito remotely resembles a donkey’s ear or the bedrolls that they carried. In comparison to the burrito, the taco has a far more reasonable name to it. The word "taco" means "light snack" which quite explains it. Because of their vaguely similar appearance and structure, the taco and the burrito are often confused with each other. However, there are distinctive differences between the two. Some of them are listed below:
                              Origin

The taco is a more of a traditional and ethnic snack whereas the Burrito is a twentieth century innovation.
                              Differences in Size

Essentially, the burrito is never considered to be a light snack. The size of the burrito is much larger than that of a taco. Whereas the former is eaten more as a whole meal, the latter is simply a snack and you need to consume several of them to substitute for full meal. Hence, there is a distinct difference in the size.
                              Ingredients and Recipe

The basic constitution of both the taco and the burrito is roughly the same. They are both made up of fillings wrapped up in tortillas. However there are distinct differences in both these constitutive parts:

The wrap: A taco is smaller and trimmer in size, and will have a soft corn tortilla for the wrap. The burrito on the other hand is much thicker and larger; therefore a corn tortilla will not serve the purpose. Corn tortillas are soft and tender and are liable to crack due to chunky double fillings. Thick flour made tortillas are used for burrito wraps instead. They are also often flavoured, like tomato, spinach etc. The tortillas in a burrito are often so large that they almost substitute for a plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Yup… for 8-12 folks served on a large flour tortilla if we want them wrapped…. Or fajita size if we want tacos. We’ll add some frozen potatoes O’Brien if we are feeling like a change. …

Add in Texas Texas restaurant style roasted hot sauce and some sliced jalapeños …. Om nom nom! If there are any leftovers it goes into a ziploc fridge and it’ll disappear later.[emoji51]
                                Far be it for me to disagree with the most eponymously intelligent person on this forum (no really…I mean it!), but I just have to throw this out there: referring to a breakfast taco as a breakfast burrito is like referring to cokes as “pop” (or “paap,” as it’s pronounced the further north you go). It just ain’t right.
                                Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 08-31-2021, 06:01 PM. Reason: Tripped over a nacho

Comment

Working...
                                X