Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
    Ain’t a lot of options if you meet at 5:30 am
    True dat! We usually done by the time the other places open at 7 or 8.
    Never understood why they don't open earlier. They missing all the bizness including the knowledge we bring

Comment

So to everyone on here who claims a brick is better than a pistol without a round in the chamber, can you really not think of an instance of self defense that isn’t a quick draw Wild West shoot out? Sitting in the back of the movie theater and the moron starts shooting down in front; would you rather have the brick that’s been mentioned or a pistol with a full mag and empty chamber? Teacher in the classroom hears gunfire down the hall, locks the door and grabs the brick or the pistol off his hip and racks the slide?

I’d rather the law abiding citizen that doesn’t feel comfortable, for whatever reason, carrying hot to carry unchambered and be able to potentially get in the fight than to not carry at all.

My point is, saying the choice is either carry hot or not at all is poor advice. For the record, I carry hot for the very obvious reasons. Moron if you don’t carry hot, even bigger moron if you leave it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
        So to everyone on here who claims a brick is better than a pistol without a round in the chamber, can you really not think of an instance of self defense that isn’t a quick draw Wild West shoot out? Sitting in the back of the movie theater and the moron starts shooting down in front; would you rather have the brick that’s been mentioned or a pistol with a full mag and empty chamber? Teacher in the classroom hears gunfire down the hall, locks the door and grabs the brick or the pistol off his hip and racks the slide?

I’d rather the law abiding citizen that doesn’t feel comfortable, for whatever reason, carrying hot to carry unchambered and be able to potentially get in the fight than to not carry at all.

My point is, saying the choice is either carry hot or not at all is poor advice. For the record, I carry hot for the very obvious reasons. Moron if you don’t carry hot, even bigger moron if you leave it at home.
        I disagree. If you’re not confident enough in your abilities and safety then don’t carry at all. Period.

Statistically you’re way more prone to being robbed than a shooting in a movie theater. Not carry with a round in the chamber is an incredibly stupid idea. And I don’t care what anyone thinks otherwise. You do you. But if you value your life you will get trained and comfortable enough to carry a weapon like it’s intended to be carried.

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
          Is there any other way to travel? Never know when big foots gonna pop out, gotta be ready![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Exactly! Lol.

I carry it around the ranch. If I remember I’ll pull the round out of the chamber when I’m leaving and locking the gate. If I’m by myself I usually just do it at home.

Comment

I’m with ya brother. I don’t have a problem with how anyone carries. To each his own.
            The only issue I have is when someone tries to tell me they can carry unchambered and be in the fight as quick as they potentially need to be. That’s just NOT THE FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              If you’re not confident enough in your abilities and safety then don’t carry at all. Period.

Statistically you’re way more prone to being robbed than a shooting in a movie theater. Not carry with a round in the chamber is an incredibly stupid idea. And I don’t care what anyone thinks otherwise. You do you. But if you value your life you will get trained and comfortable enough to carry a weapon like it’s intended to be carried.

Agree with this 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                I disagree. If you’re not confident enough in your abilities and safety then don’t carry at all. Period.
                So if someone doesn’t carry with one in the tube then the only logical conclusion is they lack confidence in their abilities and safety? Consider other possibilities; this world is full of people and personalities. Maybe there’s someone out there that can run a gun better than you even that just doesn’t believe fights happen fast or has never thought it through. Maybe their place of work doesn’t allow one in the tube (never heard of this, I’m just throwing stuff out there).

I’d rather that guy had a gun on him if he is in HEB looking at the lobsters while I’m looking at the steak and someone comes in shooting in the produce section. Unlikely to happen, duh, but in that rare event, sure beats a brick.

I’d rather someone carry at the highest degree of readiness that they are comfortable. It ain’t an all or nothing. Good guys with guns is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  I’m with ya brother. I don’t have a problem with how anyone carries. To each his own.
                  The only issue I have is when someone tries to tell me they can carry unchambered and be in the fight as quick as they potentially need to be. That’s just NOT THE FACT!
                  Yes, that guy is a moron.

Comment

Great discussion, fellas, thanks.
                    Just curious, anyone here actually had to pull the gun out of the holster?
                    If so, please step through the sequence. Round chambered (hot) or not?
                    Time to chamber a round (empty) or not?

Comment

So if someone doesn’t carry with one in the tube then the only logical conclusion is they lack confidence in their abilities and safety? Consider other possibilities; this world is full of people and personalities. Maybe there’s someone out there that can run a gun better than you even that just doesn’t believe fights happen fast or has never thought it through. Maybe their place of work doesn’t allow one in the tube (never heard of this, I’m just throwing stuff out there).

I’d rather that guy had a gun on him if he is in HEB looking at the lobsters while I’m looking at the steak and someone comes in shooting in the produce section. Unlikely to happen, duh, but in that rare event, sure beats a brick.

I’d rather someone carry at the highest degree of readiness that they are comfortable. It ain’t an all or nothing. Good guys with guns is a good thing.
                      Lots of excuses.

Yes. The only reasons someone wouldn’t carry in the chamber is they are scared. Scared means untrained. Scared means not confident. Both of those means they have NO business carrying anyway. Hesitate and let that gun get taken by the aggressor and then what?

Think logically. And I promise there are many that are way better than me with a pistol lol. I carry hot and ready to use God forbid I ever need to. That’s the very last thing I ever want to have to do is take a life. But if needed I’m prepared with the proper equipment and will go as fast as my brain and abilities will allow.

Heck. Most folks don’t know how to quickly clear a malfunction. Most should carry a revolver lol!

Comment

One shouldn't create or imagine shooting scenarios where an easy & time consuming conclusion can be articulated for the easy out...you need to unsubscribe from that bogus newsletter!!

It's not being in the dairy isle at HEB while hearing gunfire at the register...even the unarmed have options to remove themselves from the threat.

It's the car jackers / kid nappers that parked too close to a drivers side on purpose & now have a victim boxed in unknowingly with groceries in hands...seconds to react. What are one's immediate options??

Seriously, ask yourself if having to load the chamber should be on that short list of actions as they are closing in?? Stop making excuses...if you cannot bring yourself to carry a properly loaded auto, then simply carry a properly loaded revolver. Having 15 rounds doesn't mean crap if you cannot get the first one out the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          One shouldn't create or imagine shooting scenarios where an easy & time consuming conclusion can be articulated for the easy out...you need to unsubscribe from that bogus newsletter!!

It's not being in the dairy isle at HEB while hearing gunfire at the register...even the unarmed have options to remove themselves from the threat.

It's the car jackers / kid nappers that parked too close to a drivers side on purpose & now have a victim boxed in unknowingly with groceries in hands...seconds to react. What are one's immediate options??

Seriously, ask yourself if having to load the chamber should be on that short list of actions as they are closing in?? Stop making excuses...if you cannot bring yourself to carry a properly loaded auto, then simply carry a properly loaded revolver. Having 15 rounds doesn't mean crap if you cannot get the first one out the barrel.
                          I know I typed a lot so I’ll say it up front again, I do carry hot.

All I’m saying is the guy you can’t convince to carry hot for whatever reason don’t need to sit on the sidelines because you’re worried he might get capped in the parking lot while he’s fumbling with the slide. He will, in fact, but if the unlikely scenario arises where he has time to react and maybe save your wife and kids lives and not cower behind the flour and cake mixes, id rather he had a gun than a brick.

Maybe the disconnect here is that the belief is that either you’re perfectly comfortable carrying hot or you’re an imbecile who shouldn’t be allowed to own guns? No inbetween?

Good talk fellas, interesting viewpoints, meant with all respect.
                          Last edited by Hunteraudit; 07-11-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Oh, I don't care one bit if someone wants to defend their indefensible position & put themselves / loved ones in a possible compromised position in emergency situations...the only reason I'm concerned and continue with stating the obvious is that the dumb doesn't rub off on those who are new to carry & could actually consider this horrible advice in the name of some perceived safety.

Ignorance is perfectly fine & very much curable if you don't know any better or haven't considered your newly found carry options with critical thinking skills...stupid & stubbornness by willingly not acknowledging the facts is usually gonna last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              How often do you carry and not put one in the chamber?

I am going to admit I've gotten lazy of late and do not chamber a round. If its a short trip, and I know I'll be home soon I don't bother. I know I need to, but its the PITA (to me) to get home and de-chamber the weapon for storage.

Decided today that I need to get better and secure storage, so once I chamber around, I can store the weapon when I get home. And stop dealing with unchambering the round for storage.

So, again with the question. How often do you carry and not chamber a round?
                              i do not recommend it ,,, first off if you have time to draw and chamber a round you likely have enough time to move on out.....

secondly in a real serious moment you might not get the round chambered,,,,,

why tell the bad guy were your at by chambering a round that should have already been there....

poo happens. be prepared,, before it does,,,
                              loaded and hot or left at home, but not with empty chamber.....

years ago i was doing a building check on a burglar alarm,, i found an open door and called a back up ( very large church) instead of a back up i got a sgt, ... we entered the door and about half way down the hall i hear a pistol slide being racked behind me,, i turn ready to fire and it was the so called sgt chambering a round, his gun was pointed straight at me!,,,, lucky for me his finger was not on the trigger but you could hear the echo of that slide all the way down the hall ! And it was like a cannon going off in a quiet building!

the next time a called a back up, when he volunteered i told him to disregard as the problem had resolved itself,,,,,,, i did not want him anywhere around me !!! i did not care what the call was, i felt better alone than with his company...

Comment

...everyone's an expert here, from YouTube videos.

Comment

Working...
                                X