spring break with family ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring break with family ideas

Looking for some ideas to take the family on for spring break. Will be 3 kids ages 10, 6, 20months with us. Have travel trailer and would like to stay ~5 hours from the Austin area. Water park is a plus.

We stayed at Jellystone in Waller last year but looking for something different.

Splashway

Comment

There is a real neat rv park with cabins in Medina county. Think its called the Yote ranch or something like that. Big pool, lots of things to do. Do a search of Medina county and it should come up. Belay the last. Its the Medina High POint resort. Looks like a ton of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
        Splashway
        Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        There is a real neat rv park with cabins in Medina county. Think its called the Yote ranch or something like that. Big pool, lots of things to do. Do a search of Medina county and it should come up. Belay the last. Its the Medina High POint resort. Looks like a ton of fun!
        Funny those are the only two things I came up with before I posted.

Keep'em coming! I'm also going to be planning out our summer trips so this thread may have dual purpose!

Comment

McKinney falls state park. Built in water park. I usually enjoy myself for a few days there

Comment

Full hookup state parks are ok too. I'm considering one like Lake Livingston and hoping the white bass will be running then. Just need to make sure there are good bank fishing places for the 6yr old.

Comment

Bump for the evening crew

Comment

Weekday bump

Comment

Frio

Comment

Haven't picked anywhere yet but here are some top contenders:

Located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, Medina Highpoint Resort offers upscale RV Sites, vacation cabin rentals, a Ranch Hours, high-quality tent sites and more!

Visit the best Texas waterpark and campground! Splashway is located near San Antonio, Houston, and Austin, making it perfect for your next family adventure.

Escape to nature at Hidden Lake RV Ranch & Safari Park, offering camping sites and RV park amenities for those seeking adventure and tranquility.

Frio will probably be saved for when they are a little older and we can tube it.

The ones above are listed due to them having multiple things to do for the wide age range and their closeness to big cities (San Antonio, Houston, FT. Worth) so if the weather is bad we can find museums, etc. for them to go to.

Comment

a little change in plans. Nicole has a cousin in New Braunfels who just had a baby and other relatives from Orlando and Puerto Rico will be there during spring break timeframe so now looking for RV parks in the New Braunfels area. Let me know if you have any that you recommend. Wimberly, San Marcos, N. San Antonio, Blanco are all good.

Comment

Think I'm narrowing it down to Canyon Lake area unless anyone has some other suggestions around New Braunfels.

Here are my top 2:

Looking for full hookup with 30a and activities for the kids. Close to lake where I can do some fishing is a big plus.

This one is my 3rd option right now but not really excited by it. http://www.creekhollowrv.com/index.html

Comment

Jelly stone has a park by the lake. Lots for the kids to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            Jelly stone has a park by the lake. Lots for the kids to do.
                            Yea we stayed there a few years ago with the kids for spring break. It was an OK park but for some reason the wife wasn't that impressed with it. I guess the one in Burleson has her expectations higher. I haven't crossed it off the list yet but trying to find something else.

Comment

We are going to Branson Missouri for 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X