Restaurant Price Increase`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Blows my mind. Took a load of steers to market a couple weeks ago and prices were garbage. Should be against the law how the packers screw the ranchers.
    Christmas lambs was a huge mess also hard to come out with break even if lucky
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-06-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

We have been fortunate enough that we have only had a 5% increase on all of our menu for the year. Our food costs have risen higher that but we own our facility with no debt. I don’t know how restaurants can be profitable in today’s climate paying the commercial lease prices of 10-12 thousand per month. If we didn’t own our property the rising food cost and labor cost would have already caused us to close.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
        Wife bought me a shrimp poor boy for lunch, it was $12.50 with real shrimp in 2020
        Today it cost her $18.00+On lunch menu , and was breaded shrimp ( mostly bread)
        Everything food related is pretty expensive
        I found a outdated box of cheese nips in my ranch pantry and it was 3/4 full unopened , had the wife buy more and the new box has 1/3 less @ the same price
        Hate getting less for more $ but same box

This is becoming more and more common. It’s called Shrinkflation. Decrease the package size and keep the price the same.

Other things are decreasing in quality AND going up in price. For example, stranded copper wire. Copper clad aluminum(CCA) wire is being substituted for oxygen free copper(OFC) wire. I used to be able to get 25’ of 16 gauge OFC wire for $10. Now, 25’ of CCA 16 gauge wire is almost $13, and IF you can find OFC in stock, it is almost $20 for 25 feet. This is through an online retailer that I’ve used for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          ... The ole analogy of 'more than one way to skin a cat' comes to mind......lol!
          Dang Oscar, times are getting really bad when the chicken restaurateurs are talking about skinning cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
            Dang Oscar, times are getting really bad when the chicken restaurateurs are talking about skinning cats!
            Good One!

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
              My college roommate, his mom was mayor of Galveston, and when we would go visit she would give us a list of restaurants that
              The dog catchers got caught selling to but swore us to secrecy
              Lita ann Thomas thank you

Comment

Wait till you can't afford the food in the store.
                We're just getting started imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  The lowest pay I've seen is $13/hr now at a burger joint. I said lowest!

They'll have to raise prices a lot more IMO over the next 3-12 months.
                  They are going to get their $15/hr one way or another.

Comment

People need to stop thanking Biden and shift their attention to the personal level and address it with friends, family and acquaintances who vote liberal. That's the only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                      my guy here can't even pull out of a driveway it seems... 9 kids?!

Lol

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

I went to Doziers in fulshear on Friday. All that food on my plate was 21.56 before tip!

Bar B Que prices are off the chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Man I miss a doziers sammich. But maybe not at 22 bucks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        Wife bought me a shrimp poor boy for lunch, it was $12.50 with real shrimp in 2020
                        Today it cost her $18.00+On lunch menu , and was breaded shrimp ( mostly bread)
                        Everything food related is pretty expensive
                        I found a outdated box of cheese nips in my ranch pantry and it was 3/4 full unopened , had the wife buy more and the new box has 1/3 less @ the same price
                        Hate getting less for more $ but same box
                        This another hot button right here:

I went to 2 timewise gas stations and walmart gas looking for ice over near fulshear and all the ice bags were 7lbs for 2.59. 7 pound bag of ice for the 10 pound price. I usually stop at bucees but every now and then i get jammed up. Kroger near my house had the same 7lbs bags the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          Cravens and 90

Were you there?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            This is my opinion also. About to go through another 80
                            's. Once it gets so bad there's enough demand for the white/black generic isle to come back we can start healing.

It's really amazing to watch people lose a huge % of their money to inflation and so few people to understand who to properly blame (or even care).

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            They are going to get their $15/hr one way or another.
                            Most already pay over $15/hr. FYI

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                              Were you there?

No one of our other investigators was there (I'm on lite duty for the next couple months ) But i saw the body and helped ID the decedent

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X