thanks tpwd wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks tpwd wma

thanks for keeping the trails mowed so our youth hunters have a good trail to walk on.

no squirrels were harmed this morning but many sticks were widdled on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I don't know how to take this are you upset or really happy. Glad yall got some carving done

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I don't know how to take this are you upset or really happy. Glad yall got some carving done

I think he’s upset. What WMA is it?

Comment

Looks like squirrel woods to me. Good for a lesson in proper attire while in the field

Comment

So are we expecting groomed trails through all the WMAs for the hunters?

Comment

Looks good to me..

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              So are we expecting groomed trails through all the WMAs for the hunters?
              they used to mow them and keep the place nice. last 5 or so years it's been terrible. when we pay for them to have tractors and mowers, yes at least the fence rows should be mowed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Inflations up, diesel fuel is up & state funding is mediocre at best
                I don’t believe Gus Engeling WMA ever maintained a trail for hunting
                They had a nature trail in one area that was somewhat maintained

Comment

I don’t have a problem with WMAs not having mowed paths in the actual hunting areas. I do get upset when they don’t have the courtesy to mow the designated camping areas.

They list them as a “campground” on the map. No electric? that’s fine. No water? That’s fine too. But, at least mow where people are going to be setting up tents.

Comment

Have you mentioned it or offered to help, or just trying to fix it on the internet?

Comment

As usual TPWD just want our money for their agendas.

Comment

It’s a challenge to walk 2 miles in grass and 4 foot weeds, makes access difficult. They should have the trails mowed if they’re going to do three sets of draw hunts and bring in 50-75 hunters. The last 15 years they’ve got a little fenced area with half a million in equipment that usually stays in the same spot.

Comment

Be thankful for the time with your kid. I imagine unless you made the day about TPWD not preparing for the hunt your kid could care less. I hunted a WMA for years and went in about this time of year and would go and fill up several contractor trash bags and carry them out. Maybe next year take a weed eater or mower and cut a trail for you and kid. Maybe involve the kid and you get to spend time making a better place to hunt and then enjoying the benefits of your labor

Comment

And TPWD doesn’t have unlimited funds. I had Game Wardens come out with me often because their “fuel budget” was out. Actually knew some that said no way to operate a truck and boat on allowed fuel budget. I imagine every place they operate operates on “fuel budget”. Contact and offer fuel for machines

Comment

I don't know why they don't concrete the sidewalks

Comment

Working...
                              X