The Olympics have become a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
    Just a matter of time before all Olympians get Participation Medals!!
    gold, silver, or rainbow?

Comment

Definitely looking forward to track & field, weight lifting, some archery and of course our pint sized neighborhood phenom Simone Biles getting back on the gymnastics floor.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        Dang I missed the opening ceremonies. Was going to watch with my daughter. She's very interested in Japan because of anime.

They need to remove all events that require judges. Beat the other person or their times or its not included. Am surprised they added break dancing. Was that popular world wide? I would have guessed they would have done something like salsa or tango before break dancing.
        Opening ceremonies arent until Friday or Saturday night. A few events start before OC.

Comment

I still enjoy the Olympics. I watch what I like and simply don't watch what I dont like. It's a liberating concept. Watched the opening softball games. Enjoyed them in spite of the above referenced all turf field.

Archery ranking rounds are tomorrow. Has a mixed team event this year for the first time, so here is a new thing the Olympics have added that I can get behind. Something special about hitting a bullseye just under five inches at 77 yards, with a recurve, no scope, and fingers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            i guess none of you guys have ever surfed before.. Id be willing to say it would change your mind when you get held down for 45 seconds flipping underwater just to resurface and paddle your lights out to try and beat the next set wave...
            It truly is an unmatched cardio and its long overdue for olympics.

29 more waves, still at home - YouTube

little sample
            Agreed, I went to high school in Orange County California after I came to the USA and was just beginning to learn how to surf when we moved. I was a Track Star having won the State in 800 meters and one mile and after surfing for 30 minutes I was dead...
            Last edited by ATI; 07-22-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              I know this thread is over a year old, but did not want to start a new one just to complain........thought I would just pile on this old one. Ha

But dad gum, wife found the U.S.A. vs Canada first round Olympic softball game last night so we decided to watch. They were playing on what looked a modified baseball field with temporary fencing and "No" dugouts..... There was a temporary style back stop put up and a women with a white marker board would walk behind the backstop, between the temporary back stop and baseball field backstop wall and flash what I assumed were line up changes to people sitting in the first row......

It was like they were playing a Saturday Beer league tournament at a half finished field.............

Rwc
              yeah we have been watching and it's pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Hey now....don’t be hating on Freestyle Canoeing. Who can forget “The Master” Marc Ornstein at the famed 2007 Midwest Freestyle Championships?

Some of the comments below the vid are hilarious

“Ornstein, one of the greats. Shame the doping scandal ruined his career”
                “His style is liquid sex”
                “I’m going out and getting me a canoe and paddle. Did y’all check out the groupies?”
                “Marc Ornstein...I remember having his posters above my bed as a girl”[/I]
                These videos seem like a good alternative to capital punishment. Make the criminal watch them for twenty years then give him a plastic knife.

Comment

And don’t forget to add the Bicycle dirt racing dirt jumping crap to the list….

Comment

Synchronized swimming was bad enough. Now we have lesbo dike "I hate America" soccer and break dancing.

Comment

If they want more viewers they should go back to the way the original Olympics were played...nekked!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        I watch what I like and simply don't watch what I dont like. It's a liberating concept.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        [emoji95][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji95]

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
                            Are they still going to be doing drug testing on the Olympic athletes?

Ya can’t smoke weed but can have a ****** and compete as a woman .

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Definitely looking forward to track & field, weight lifting, some archery and of course our pint sized neighborhood phenom Simone Biles getting back on the gymnastics floor.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

She is an amazing athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Call me when it’s time for curling.
                                ^^^THIS^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X