No announcement yet.

Why you don’t own an AR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife use it to take Her first turkey. Was in 300blk but was comfortable, adjustable, low recoil, and suppressed so not loud. She loved it. The others I enjoy for long range shooting and the challenge of getting a semi auto super accurate

Comment

I don’t own one because I like using bolt rifles. I like taking accurate shots at a distance if I’m shooting for fun and if I’m hunting, I’m taking a single shot anyway. Just never interested me.

Comment

So I answer this question knowing I have 1 in the safe. I would never own it if I didn't inherit it. They are fun to shoot but I don't go to the shooting range but 1-2 times per year. If I don't have a practical hunting use for a gun, I don't buy it. If I was going out wanting to wipe out a sounder of hogs from a wide open field the AR will definitely come in handy, but after 8+ years of ownership I have yet to encounter that situation. Like someone stated before, it's just a safe queen but I hang on because my dad handed it down to me.

Comment

Safe Queen = memories. I get that. I hope you still have your dad btw.

Comment

Never had one. Have shot a few. Since I moved to Texas my desire for one has gone away. I have no where to practice or hunt with them. I haven’t shot my bolt actions in a long time. Pretty much a bow only guy now even tho I do not or will I ever sell my guns I do have. I keep thinking one day I want one just because so many don’t want me to have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. You’re only responsible for your on honesty, not someone’s else’s response to it. Thanks to all contributors Yalls responses have made this an interesting read.

Comment

I own them but theyre just plinking guns. I dont like hunting with them because theyre relatively loud. Rattles/dings. They're loud loading in the chamber etc. Most of the time im rifle hunting now is with the ol lady or kid and much its easier to keep them quiet with a bolt gun.

Comment

I do not own one. Have thought about it but just don’t have the opportunity to go shoot a bunch now days. Have shot one before and it was fun blasting at coyotes but I’m just an old soul at heart. I like wood stock bolt and lever guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this is probely the best thread here on the green screen for awhile now. everyone sharing there opinon likes and dislikes without bashing the h--l outta eachouther . i like all guns and have a all different kinds ( its great that we can still do that (for now ) carry on fellas

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        I've got one in grendel and it's a deer killing machine.
                        You have a machine gun, for deer hunting? 🤣

Comment

Daaaaaang! And he lives here in Katy! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            They are “freedom rifles” and every citizen should be issued one. You dont ever need to use it if you dont want to. The government should just know that everyone has one and that would keep them in check. I think there are enough owners out there right now that keep our govt at bay. They know they can only go so far. You dont lose your rights till YOU give them up.

There are millions of us highly trained in their use thanks to the govt. Regardless of MOS every Soldier and Marine at least qualified on a range many many times.
                            Generally there’s little that you post that I can agree with but this is spot on!!
                            Well stated.

Comment

Because I like an AR 10 better.

Comment

Why you don’t own an AR 15

When a dozen pigs step out my likelihood of killing multiples goes way up with an AR at my shoulder...

And it’s fun squeezing off rounds. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X