windows replacement cost question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows replacement cost question

has anybody gotten estimates on replacing your windows recently. i am curious about what the prices are like right now. unfortunately a lot of us in my neighborhood have older builder grade aluminum frame windows and they will keep getting foggy and or have buildup between the glass due to the frame itself. mine are 14 years old now.
    I have to replace 3 broken ones regardless due to hail storm, so i got an estimate on the whole house and was curious what others were seeing. mine are
    we were looking at the Pella 250 vinyl windows and it is about $16k for the whole house (26 windows)

thanks

We just did it. The house gets a lot quieter and I sleep a lot better.

I think we had 21 with 3 monsters. 12k 3 years no interest.....

Comment

we used energy one out of austin. I think we have 25 windows. Price was inline with the quote you got. Install took 2 days I think. crew did a good job, we have been happy with the windows.

Comment

Best investment we ever made. Seems like ours are $400 or so each..didn't get any grids in them and love our view. Ours are vinyl but not pella we have 30+ and asked if they could come down if we signed right then and paid then and we knocked off a couple thousand.
        Last edited by friscopaint; 06-02-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Check out Ringer windows before you commit to anything. They have several lines but they are made right here in texas and their prices are quite good. They will have installers they recommend or perhaps can give you some leads there. I think I averaged about $175/window or thereabout. Some smaller/some larger. They carry a lot of standard sizes in stock but you can order anything custom-sized. I got the grid-free as well.

Comment

Installed windows for 4 years through college. IMO new windows give the house a whole new look. Really upgrades the look of the home. Not to mention the energy efficiency, and noise cancellation you will get from new windows. $400 a window is a reasonable price for tear out and installation.

Comment

just got a quote for WeatherBarr and it is about $500/window for a brick house. supply is backordered a bit as well.

Comment

We just had Window World replace the windows in our house right after the first of the year.
                Its amazing the difference it made not only from an appearance aspect but the efficiency is so much better (already see a big difference in the utility bill)! It’s also like switching from standard def tv to high def looking from the inside out. Wish we had done it sooner!
                22 windows was a little less than $14 grand.

Comment

We just had ours done 2 or 3 weeks ago... ours averaged out to $400 a window

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother works for Pella up here and while I dont know about pricing, they are a very nice window.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but which is the bigger savings on electricity? More insulation/hung radiant barrier or new windows ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Not to hijack the thread but which is the bigger savings on electricity? More insulation/hung radiant barrier or new windows ?

Thanks in advance
                        Windows made a huge difference on our house, of course its not cheap

Comment

Thanks in advance

My house was built in 68. I got new insulation and new windows. Insulation is pretty cheap for all that it provides. At least before everything got crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks in advance
                            Put your $ in the windows. Here's why:
                            The typical R value for your wall is R13. A typical dual pane window with argon and a low E coating is about 3.5. The entire R value of the wall has to be considered when evaluating its efficiency

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X