River walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River walk

Was thinking about taking my wife to the river walk for our anniversary what are some things to do there we have never been

I believe it's the Marriott but you should stay there it is right across the street from the big mall there and their rooms that overlook the river walk are nice at night.

Comment

Eat, drink, listen to live music, shop

Comment

If Paisanos is still there, you need to eat the Shrimp Paisano! Yo can thank me later…but I must confess, it has been many years.

Comment

Casa Rio for Mexican food. See all the shops. Take a boat ride. Tour the Alamo. Visit the Buckhorn Saloon.

Comment

Take the horse and carriage ride at night. Just the 2 of you. You will have to fight her off with a stick afterwards. Be wise in stick choosing...

The ghost tours are also pretty fun to go on.

Comment

not on the riverwalk but swing by pinkertons for great bbq

Comment

Take plenty change for the bums! The river walk and downtown is full of homeless and panhandlers and has become quite dirty imo

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  Take plenty change for the bums! The river walk and downtown is full of homeless and panhandlers and has become quite dirty imo

They keep em off the river for the most part but yes surface streets though quicker, are much less “scenic” lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    This 👆. If you go, I would wait until winter. The River Walk is down low and away from any sort of breeze. During the Summer, it’s Hot as Haides! I would stay at The Menger Hotel and book The King Suite. Do “The Sisters Grimm Ghost Tour” - Bus Tour. It was Awesome. Dinner, there’s tons of places, but I’d stay away from eating on The River Walk.

Comment

Stay at the Drury on the river walk.

River walk access from the hotel.
                      Kickback/happy hour everyday at 5pm.

Comment

Take a very short Uber or cab to the pearl brewery and you can easily spend a full day there. Or you can just get a room at the hotel Emma and stay there. Better than the river walk by a mile

You may have to take a small loan for a room but it’s better than any hotel on the rw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well, if you take her there now, it will be an experience. A very hot, very humid, zero wind, miserable experience. Down town San Antonio, will be hot, but not a lot worse than any other place. But the river walk sucks when it's hot, because there is no breeze down there, but there is humidity. If you are from Houston, you should feel like you are at home. There are a lot of cool places to go and see, in down town San Antonio. If you have never been down town San Antonio, it's worth going to see.

If you got sometime after it gets dark, it should not be as bad, but probably still not the best place for comfortable temperatures. After midnight on, till around four our five in the morning, the humidity gets unbelievable. Years ago, I worked for a concrete pump truck company. We set up our trucks in the bottom of the river bed and pumped concrete for months. They drained the river bed during that time. I think from 1:00 AM to 5:00, that river bed was one of the most humid places on the planet.

When the weather is nicer, there are some good places to eat, and some bars down there, it's a nice place to go for a stroll. But I would not have any desire to go there right now.

Comment

Eat at the original Blanco Cafe

Comment

Bohanan’s steakhouse. You won’t be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X