No announcement yet.

TV at deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a fire stick and stream through my cell phone. I don't watch a lot during season but most of the time I'm usually alone during the summer. This summer (with the heat) I get up early & work. Go to the trailer about 1. Nap & watch tv until about 7 then head back out

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Not sure what kinda deer lease you are on....but college football with rabbit ears and now Dish has been part of my deer leases as far back as the 80s in south Texas. Lotta Longhorn and Aggies games watched back then gathered up around a small TV with fuzzy signal...especially the mid afternoon games between hunts. TV signal is much better now and the TVs are bigger and if we stay through Monday or Tuesday the Cowboys are watched, if we can catch them between or after hunts.

OP we have Dish Network. They allow one remote TV receiver on your bill. Cost me $9.99 extra a month. They ****** me off with not signing Balleys for the Rangers but I haven't found anything that cheap to have High Def TV for the Longhorns and Aggie games out in the boondocks so I keep them at my home. If not for the deer lease connection, I probably would have dropped them for something I can get the Rangers, Mavs/Stars on.
      As I stated to each their own. I don’t watch Tv at home much and what little sports I watched a couple decades I no longer watch at all college included. Yes I know boring. I shouldn’t have even replied to a thread that I had no valuable input.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
        I use a fire stick and stream through my cell phone. I don't watch a lot during season but most of the time I'm usually alone during the summer. This summer (with the heat) I get up early & work. Go to the trailer about 1. Nap & watch tv until about 7 then head back out
        Last edited by Huntingfool; 07-23-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Go dish, only like 10 bucks a month for a Wally, same channels I have at home. I had them come out and put a HD dish on my building

Comment

TV at deer lease

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            As I stated to each their own. I don’t watch Tv at home much and what little sports I watched a couple decades I no longer watch at all college included. Yes I know boring. I shouldn’t have even replied to a thread that I had no valuable input.

Agreed.. to each their own. I was just sharing my “own” and why we do what we do. I love a good campfire but we also love a good CFB rivalry game too.. we try to balance it out. I can understand not wanting to watch anything as well.

Ours works out best when the Horns or Ags play at 11. Breakfast is done and everybody is ready to chill after an early morning.. Campfire is saved for Sat evening…
            Last edited by Smart; 07-23-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Not sure if you have tried this but Dish asked me for the zip code for my remote receiver and it allows me to get San Angelo's locals in HD.

That would absolutely work but I don’t have a “remote” receiver per se. My home system came with 5 receivers and we only use 4 at the house. Saves me the extra monthly charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TV at deer lease

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                That would absolutely work but I don’t have a “remote” receiver per se. My home system came with 5 receivers and we only use 4 at the house. Saves me the extra monthly charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you paying for 5 receivers or do you take one of the 4 to the lease each weekend? Mine costs me the same whether I use it at the house or remotely is why I ask.. I just leave the 5th one at the lease.

Comment

Just find someone with a old dish and take one of your receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                    Have a travel trailer for the deer lease. I have Direct TV at home - what is the best way to get DT at the lease? Does DT sell a potable dish of some sort for that? I assume I need a new control box from DT? Thanks for any advice
                    OP, I had Directv at my lease for a while. Got rid of Directv. I made a redneck pole & attached a dish to it. Not using anymore. Your'e welcome to it iffn you're by Kerrville area.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      No doubt. Same here to each their own. Sometimes we’re to busy skinning and filling to watch anything! And those trips are just as good!

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                        Just find someone with a old dish and take one of your receivers.
                        This is what I did. Worked great!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          I didn’t say it, but I sure thought it.

Who needs a Tv when you have a fire ring/circle.
                          Fire rings are useless at 1pm in October

Comment

If you have good cell signal - we just hotspot from cell on smart tv.

Comment

Its not difficult to use both each weekend....
                              It’s not difficult to utilize both at the same time. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                                It’s not difficult to utilize both at the same time. :-)

yes sir....we have brought the bigger TV outside to do that very thing. Will better when Texas and Aggie play again.

Comment

Working...
                                X