No announcement yet.

River walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't listen to the locals. They hate the best thing about their city. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      Eat at the original Blanco Cafe
      YES!

Comment

going the weekend of Aug 12 -14, its been our go to place, normally stay at the old police station/Jail, on the 3 rd floor, lamp would turn on by itself, and noise outside the window, but, it was and is always an experience to stay there, market square, is cool, like going to a Mexico street market, (almost), but like to eat at the most out of way touristy places, local food, barrio food.. is what we look for...

Comment

Howl at the Moon piano bar is great.
          Buckhorn saloon
          Menger Hotel tour
          Great food at Yard House
          Boudros seafood
          Rivercenter mall Imax
          Aztec theater, check out whats going on there

Comment

Definitely check out Buckhorn saloon

Comment

Last time we were there, we stayed at the Holiday Inn at the end of the river. It's where Lyndon Johnson and Lady Bird spent their honeymoon. Has an old Cuban theme and is kind of neat. Spend $8 each for a taxi boat pass. Pick you up right by the hotel and take you wherever you want on the river whenever you want. Just call them. Way better than the tourist boats.

Comment

I was there for a training a couple of weeks ago. Didn’t get to do much touristy stuff, but did take note of the large amount of homeless begging me for money every time I walked by.

Comment

Go have a drink in the Sternewirth @ the Hotel Emma.

Comment

Pinkertons BBQ and El Mirasol are off the Riverwalk but would absolutely recommend

Comment

If you never been then you will most likely enjoy it. There is plenty to do. Heat is heat so it will be that way anywhere in TX right now. Choose a hotel on the river walk so you can have easy access to walking up and down it. My wife and I enjoyed the Ripley stuff, mirror house, haunted house and escape rooms, for some good ole fun & laughs. If you both enjoy wine tasting, plan a quick trip out to Medina River Winery. Don’t wait for rush hour at restaurants on the river walk, they can get packed fast with long wait times. My 2cents

Comment

a trip to the old market square and eat at Mi Tierra cafe

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                          Yes, this too. Although the locals say it’s a tourist trap, it’s still a neat area and I always eat Mi Tierra for brunch. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever eaten there other than brunch lol

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                            Yes. As mentioned, locals call the mercado a tourist trap (and it is ), but it is a must when in SA. Hit Mi Tierra for breakfast (their best meal of the day) and then the mercado.

ETA: I've had some decent meals on the riverwalk, but never anything I thought was better than average, really. I would venture away from there for your evening meals.

Comment

after having been to the riverwalk a few times, it is probably the last place in Texas i would want to go in the hot summer. But if you have never been u will likely enjoy it for 30 minutes or so.....

Comment

If you like shoulder to shoulder crowds then you’ll love the river walk. It’s not like it used to be where people respected each other on the walk. The last time I took my wife there I said I would never go back unless it was during the winter months and all of the kids are back in school. Not trying to be negative, just giving you a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X