Costa Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Owners

disclaimer: My 580s are 15 years old. Within the last year, the lenses are not as clear as they have been in the past. No matter how clean they appear, they are a little foggy. I know 15 years is a long time to have a pair of sunglasses.

I talked to Costa and they said their warranty under new management is no longer lifetime but 2 years from date of purchase.

I am an inshore fisherman who fly fishes 99% of the time. I am not a Bluewater guy, so not a huge fan of the mirrored Harry Caray glasses they wear.

Anyone have a fix or recommendation for new glasses?

I prefer copper lenses. Don't care about mirror but I refuse to wear tortoise shell frames.
    Last edited by Roy Munson; 07-02-2022, 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Bajio Sunglasses is a Florida based maker of premium, polarized sunglasses for fishing and worn by people who love connecting and exploring the watery world.

Recently bought a pair of these. I believe the owner of Bajio was the original owner of Costa way back.

Comment

Going through same struggle myself.

Smith Optics and Bajio seem to be the new best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
        https://bajiosunglasses.com/

Recently bought a pair of these. I believe the owner of Bajio was the original owner of Costa way back.
        Thanks. I have see them but they are equally expensive *** Costa's without the track record.

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

Heard the Shady Rays company was started by the original owner of Costa. Might be worth checking into.

Comment

They just replaced my very old tuna alley’s under warranty so I’m still a costa fan.

Comment

I just had two pair replaced that were at least 5 years old. Strange

Comment

I looked recently, and couldn’t find anything that would compare to the quality/clarify of Costa glass lenses. Needless to say, I stayed with them on my last pair I just purchased. I was replacing a pair of 400G’s that they no longer even make the lense/series anymore, so I didn’t even try to have them replace them.

I just had a throw down pair of 580P replaced that were older than 2 years old because the rubber on the frames were coming apart. They replaced them, no questions asked. I think 15 years is a good run and wouldn’t be upset if they didn’t cover.

I thought 580 was only within the last 5-10 years? 400 series was before that.
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 07-02-2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Smith Sunglasses work well for me inshore.

Comment

Few weeks ago I cracked my 2 year old costa 580g and filled out forms on website, they replied with $120 bill to replace lens. I declined as i only paid $160 for them and found similar models for not much more.
                      What are y'all doing to get your better customer service? It was my fault they cracked so i didn't push it but the only reason i purchased them was from reviews of good customer service.

Comment

These supposedly have the same polarization angle as Costa’s and are very close from a looking in the water standpoint. I haven’t used them myself, but got the recommendation from a guy that fishes a ton.

NINES® The new generation in polarized sunglasses. NINES® patented NIRTECH® lens blocks Near Infrared radiation (NIR) + 100% UV & has a hydrophobic coating

Comment

I ditched Costa for Smith. No complaints especially in the warranty dept.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I ditched Costa for Kaenon.
                            Contacted them once to purchase new lenses, they sent me new glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                              Heard the Shady Rays company was started by the original owner of Costa. Might be worth checking into.
                              Shady rays are Garbage. Don’t bother.

Comment

Working...
                              X