Vanderpool - TBOT HCSO Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got our 5th round completed this evening. Got one more to go in the morning. I only had one decent round in longbow open. All the others for me, not so good.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Boy, I had a blast today!

The course was absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Great course and a great bunch of people. First time attending. I only shot one round. I won't even talk about how bad I shot 😥 Already looking forward to next year

Comment

Once again, it was a great shoot in a beautiful location. I enjoyed the variety of challenging shots. I whiffed on that Caribou @ 14 on each round I shot.

I took my boys for the first time, and they had a blast. They insisted upon calling their grandparents on the way home to brag about winning buckles in the mini-cub division.

Looking forward to next year!

Comment

That's a cool accomplishment for them! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't say enough good things about the course and the awesome folks who worked to put it together. Daniel and I had a wonderful time. The weather was great- got a little warm and windy on Saturday but at least it wasn't 40 degrees and raining!

That antelope critter or whatever it was, where the white stake was further than the orange and you had to shoot thru all those swaying dead stalky things... well that was my mulligan for each round, lol! I thought the course layout was fantastic, though. Such a beautiful and fun place to shoot and visit with friends!

Comment

I loved seeing all the kids and younger people out there shooting. I shot with Glenn's son-n-law (I think) on Sunday, and his little girl was the happiest, cutest little thing. She had such a good time, and was exited to tell me about her bow and the targets she had shot the day before.

Comment

We had a great time especially shooting with our buddy. Glad he was ok and will return to shoot again with us. I have plenty of ammo to pick at him now!!! I really loved the course, the up and down shots are always fun to practice. I thought the bat was too good on the side of the rock cliff. Fun to see everyone. Thanks to TBOT for setting up a wonderful shoot.

Comment

I'm sure I saw a lot of you at a distance on Saturday. Sorry if I didn't stop in and say hello. I was the weirdo walking around looking like a terrorist with my red facemask. Like I told the guys I shot with, I preferred that to bleeding profusely.

I really need to work on that face scrape some day... Just can't get another anchor that feels as comfortable!

I also need to get some wood arrows at some point!

Comment

Julie, the antelope critter was a blesbuck!

I may or may not have had something to do with that stake placement!!!!! [emoji38]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Whatever it was, my 6'5" frame came in darn handy in getting a clean shooting window on that one. Smoked it twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                          I'm sure I saw a lot of you at a distance on Saturday. Sorry if I didn't stop in and say hello. I was the weirdo walking around looking like a terrorist with my red facemask. Like I told the guys I shot with, I preferred that to bleeding profusely.

I really need to work on that face scrape some day... Just can't get another anchor that feels as comfortable!

I also need to get some wood arrows at some point!
                          Was wondering about the red face mask thing….now I get it. My buddy i shoot with in the Valley has the same issue. Looks like road rash on his right side of his face.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                            Was wondering about the red face mask thing….now I get it. My buddy i shoot with in the Valley has the same issue. Looks like road rash on his right side of his face.
                            Yep, I've decided I care more about how I shoot than how I look. Hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

I may or may not have had something to do with that stake placement!!!!! [emoji38]

Bisch

LOL! We have a blesbuck target at home, so that shows you how much attention I was paying to the animal by the time I got to that one. And I got a good chuckle out of the stake placement! We shot with Mr. Decker on Sunday, and he laughed a bit, too, especially watching me duck and dodge around, trying to figure out how to shoot thru all those sticks, lol

Comment

Bill didn’t throw any short jokes at u Julie, did he? He’s got a few of those in his playbook. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X